Topic: The ride is over or is it?

Page 2 of 2
SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:23 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
Lordnikon u actually like state of emergency Shocked i bought that game and sold it like in a week. It was boring and the same thing over and over. I guess the whole killing spree thing isnt that fun anymore. Lately iv been playing more zelda i think i moving towards lol games that involve thinking.
Posted:
Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:17 am
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
lordnikon wrote:
Ok lets slam on the breaks. Let's say these types of games just arn't your thing, you went down the path before and 'arcade' style games just plain bore you. If you like to play games like Splinter Cell or Metal Gear....

I really get more out of stealth games that probably most of the gaming population. In Spinter Cell, your Sam Fisher, stealth bad-ass right? Wrong. When most of my friends play it, they just run-and-gun, barely making it through the level. I take the more subtle approach by tossing cans, shooting out lights, or leaving unconsicious guards out in the open, then take his little friend hostage when he comes to revive the knocked-out guard. Twisted Evil This is the way Splinter Cell was ment to be played. It's not some shooter or action game.

What I'm saying is that you can still get fun out of the mainstream titles, especially Splinter Cell Very Happy, but chances are you would be more satisifed by 'hardcore' games that really put the focus on beating YOUR own records and previous achivements, not some dumb AI who can barely walk around a level, let alone give you much of a challenge.

-Mytho

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:02 pm
quote : #18
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea i guess my whole post I made in this thread was to bring up people's awareness about who they are as a gamer. I gotta give a pat on the back to nintendo for their ad compain, "Who are you?" Instead of them telling you "you should get this game!! buy this now because everyone else is"...they bring up the question for thought.

Like, here are all these games, what do you want as a gamer. And this really applies to all gaming even though it was nintendo's advertisement.