greenmagic469
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
Hey guys,

I'm new to this site and I'm interested in finding some people to play PS2 games with. My question is though, is Champions of Norrath still online? And is there anything I need to do to get it working, aside from buying the broadband adapter? Thanks.

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:01 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
AFAIK, Champions of Norrath, and by extension, Champions: Return to Arms, are offline.

You will need a PS2 network adapter if you are planning on playing online with an original "fat" model PS2. If you have a slimline model PS2, then you're ready to play, as the slimline has a built-in ethernet adapter.
Posted:
Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:22 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U
Thanks for your response.

I'm a little confused though. Are you saying that I CAN still play online or I can't? If not, why does the online games page still say this game is online? Thanks.

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:50 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
greenmagic469 wrote:
Thanks for your response.

I'm a little confused though. Are you saying that I CAN still play online or I can't? If not, why does the online games page still say this game is online? Thanks.

I tried to answer both of your questions independently of each other. I should have clarified the context in which I answered your second question

Anyway, both Champions of Norrath and Champions: Return to Arms are offline. You can no longer play these games online. The reason why these two games still appear online in the online game list is that the list is out of date. The list is overdue for a pruning, as many PS2 games were terminated last year. All of the Ubisoft games are dead, as are the Sony games. Some GameSpy games remain online, either officially, or through other means.

Hopefully I cleared up any confusion on your end. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.