Page Location: Home > Tribes Aerial Assault > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:11 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Tactically have you ever tried to just disable turrets rather than destroying them? The bots seem to like to disable turrets. Which means you have non-functioning turrets on the map, and can't deploy new ones until you move in and destroy them yourself.

Do you go in and completly destroy turrets or try to "disable" them? I usually just blow them to pieces hehe.
rank 19
Posted:
Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:03 pm
quote : #2
Leave it as smoldering rubble, if i'm not to busy trying to run past it!
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:33 pm
quote : #3
the bots on the same team are trained or programmed to think that if a turret is disabled then it is still working, even the base turrets, and if you destroy it, your bots will know it's gone and place another one there or they will repair your base turret so i say turrets on your team, destroy them if they are disabled and if the turrets are disabled on the other team, let them be

especially base turrets

I believe the same holds true for base generators. It's a nasty little trick to disable the enemy base with out completely knocking out the generators and the bots will not fix them.

Let me take that back a little bit. If the enemy bot disables any turret, to them it's done and they won't waste there time, but they seem to take down base turrets all the way, mostly. I will try and leave a disabled turret alone but if i'm focused on a fresh one i will destroy it.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:19 pm
quote : #4
Snafu Organizer wrote:
I will try and leave a disabled turret alone but if i'm focused on a fresh one i will destroy it.

This is what I do as well typically.

Though I was recently thinking of a strategy to figure out what the best combinations of weapon shots are to disable turrets rather than destroying them if they are at full energy.