Page Location: Home > Tribes Aerial Assault > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:17 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Snafu was a match on Sunday 3/15? Just wondering if you guys got any good matches in. Wink I didn't wake up until 3:30pm, was up late working on stuff, though I did sign on to see if a game was still going
rank 34
Posted:
Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:02 am
quote : #2
yeah, i had four out of five players that said they would show up and DaMan popped in for some hunters so it was cooL. The first match was me and bots against all humans and i keep trying to tell and help everyone to use the flare grenades so they don't get shot down. There's this one guy from Russia that couldn't make it today but i do have a new player from, i think Brazil, not certain though and we did a test run to make sure he can connect for the next session.

but i know how you like to post or talk about people that are registered here so i try to get players to register and they are like Naaaww Confused but at least daman did show for a game or two

I'm still fucking pissed that i did a bunch of work and doffo killed me by the nexus to hang 17 of my flags, that's right 17 Flags!! right by the nexus Evil or Very Mad god i was heated.

but it's nice to know there's still good killers on tribes and i can't always take first

the ctf with me against all humans was like 2 to 811 so i feel better but not much and that is one thing i love about hunters is that the score and leader board can change in a second

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:10 pm
quote : #3
Four out of six players showed up today and i sold one of my ps2s with tribes today as well.

We did ctf and then over to hunters. From now on, i will take auto aim off but it won't make a changing in your aiming.

We'll just have to see next time how good auto aim off works because i am all for it

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:59 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Okay so what happened was, we were playing on Slapdash and I was behind a mountain. I was firing towards a remote station setup at the corner of the vehicle station, but my ammo was veering wayyyyyyyyyy over to the other edge of the screen towards a wall mounted perminant in-base laser turret (not the ones you setup from inventory). These things seem to be magnets for incoming fire.

Having never run into this before, I blamed this on "target lock" and logged out of the match to see if it was on for the hosted server.

After reading some of Snafu's comments on the forums I went back and re-investigated. I guess I havn't explored Target Lock since I first got TribesAA over a decade ago.

In Tribes, a degree of Auto-aim (depending on the encounter, viewing mode, etc) is on by default. It changes in degree depending on the situation. I was firing some rounds and my ammo would auto-aim in third person, but not when zooming. I am not going to try and breakdown how all of this works as we can't shut this off.

Target Lock is actually not auto-aim. It is something diffierent. It is a toggle feature that the user triggers on a per-encounter basis to lock on to the red dot leading target at the end of a target. With my TAA config (using an AADS config) I would have to press and hold the shift modifier (Circle) and then press Square to enable target lock when engaging the enemy.

Sorry for the confusion all, the unique situation I was in caused the game to envoke auto-aiming more-so than in other situations.
rank 34
Posted:
Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:00 pm
quote : #5
i went back and rechecked my own shit and it was on, had the little circle by my room name

somebody wanted me to have it on and i didn't take it off and that was awhile ago so thanks for the heads up and you'll never see it on again
i hate it because it's always on even when off but after looking at what i hosted, you were right, it was on and i was like of shit Shocked

the only weapons that have true aim are mortar shells, laser snipes, and grenades launchers
i believe that when you were firing at my inventory station and hitting the sentry instead is not based on target lock at all, it's based on auto aim and is permanent on tribes except for the weapons i have mentioned

everything else fires where you're not aiming, in a sense, if you know what i mean and have been through it yourself as well
then again you're saying target lock is not auto aim.... hmm i see

and i thought i was a damn good host Rolling Eyes and it didn't even register to me to check out that it has been on awhile now

not that it'll be a big change but you'll never see that little circle by my room again

now back in the day... i would have a little phone by my room name because once in a great while i would host with my dial up Laughing