Topic: hdd

Page 1 of 2
kodabb51
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:08 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
da ps2 hdd is coming out this week..tomorrow i think..anyone getting it or thinking about getting it?? i'm hopefully gonna get it this week but not sure cuz i just got a new computer and have spent most of my money on pc games Mad

Sephiroth Sin
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:38 am
quote : #2
pre-ordered. getting it tomorrow. =]
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:01 am
quote : #3
I ordered it just for the hard drive; I don't plan on playing FF:XI at all.

rd2k
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:22 am
quote : #4
yea i might get it, cause you can now store more memory on it and u will be able to download stuff for games Cool
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:56 pm
quote : #5
Going out to get it in a bit.
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:34 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hey guys let me know what other things you can do with the HDD. Like music and shit. I wanna know what its capable of besides FFXI. Also does it support email?!
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:43 pm
quote : #7
Trivial Pursuit Unhinged comes out today too! Broadband Only Boardgames!
*fist pump*

Rolling Eyes

martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:47 pm
quote : #8
Apple wrote:
Trivial Pursuit Unhinged comes out today too! Broadband Only Boardgames!
*fist pump*

Rolling Eyes

For real. Rolling Eyes
TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:47 pm
quote : #9
Trivial Pursuits represent! WOO! Let's see Monopoly with BB-only online play!

-Mytho

kodabb51
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:17 pm
quote : #10
here's a lil something bout da email shit..got it from the review of ff11 on gamespot.com

Quote:
"The front end warrants a closer look. Final Fantasy XI is really just one facet--but, certainly, by far the biggest attraction--of Square Enix's proprietary PlayOnline service, which is the gateway to Final Fantasy XI. This self-contained service's offerings include e-mail and a friends list, though if you're reading this, you probably don't need another e-mail address. PlayOnline features another game, TetraMaster, in addition to Final Fantasy XI. Access to it costs another dollar per month on top of the $12 and change it costs per month to remain subscribed to Final Fantasy XI after your first 30 days, which are free. TetraMaster, which originated as a minigame in Final Fantasy IX, is a multiplayer card game reminiscent of Magic: The Gathering, and it can be fairly addictive. However, Final Fantasy XI could easily suck up all your spare time by itself, and it's costly enough as it is."

but i guess u have to pay a monthly fee for the playonline service Rolling Eyes

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:33 pm
quote : #11
kodabb51 wrote:
here's a lil something bout da email shit..got it from the review of ff11 on gamespot.com

Quote:
"The front end warrants a closer look. Final Fantasy XI is really just one facet--but, certainly, by far the biggest attraction--of Square Enix's proprietary PlayOnline service, which is the gateway to Final Fantasy XI. This self-contained service's offerings include e-mail and a friends list, though if you're reading this, you probably don't need another e-mail address. PlayOnline features another game, TetraMaster, in addition to Final Fantasy XI. Access to it costs another dollar per month on top of the $12 and change it costs per month to remain subscribed to Final Fantasy XI after your first 30 days, which are free. TetraMaster, which originated as a minigame in Final Fantasy IX, is a multiplayer card game reminiscent of Magic: The Gathering, and it can be fairly addictive. However, Final Fantasy XI could easily suck up all your spare time by itself, and it's costly enough as it is."

That's having to do specifically with PlayOnline and FFXI. I am referring to the software in the BB navigator which is supposed to be included with the HDD. Allowing you to do stuff with music, pictures, and such.

Has anyone gotten thier HDD yet?

but i guess u have to pay a monthly fee for the playonline service Rolling Eyes
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:38 pm
quote : #12
oh my bad lol..so anyone get da hdd yet?

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:42 pm
quote : #13
hmm... Something still don't sound right. Despite all the fancy features that FF:XI has, your pocket book is going to suffer. For those who don't have a USB keyboard, you need one of those for gameplay, I believe those are $20-30. Then a full year of the online service adds up to $156, and that's just for one game. Look at Xbox live, that's $70 a year, plus there is 80+ games out for it. I'll give the game by summer when it hits its peak, and then it'll be full of cheaters that will ruin the online gaming experience. Most people are buying it just for the hard drive and not the game, since the PC version has been out for some time; hell, the Japanese version has been out for 2 years now.

Also on another note, I don't know if anyone knows this or not, but in the company Square Enix, Enix has complete power over the company. The reason for this is because Enix's stock is worth more in Japan than Square's stock. Enix is more of the pen pusher of the company, and whatever Square makes, Enix has to apporve of it first, and it is Enix's decision to extend the Final Fantasy series after XII or not.

Just for your information Very Happy

YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:21 am
quote : #14
yah anyone got it i might a had it if i didnt buy this computer lol i got my 20 dollars back and got a new ps2 controller and some cigs lol but ill eventually get it .
Posted:
Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:56 am
quote : #15
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
hmm... Something still don't sound right. Despite all the fancy features that FF:XI has, your pocket book is going to suffer. For those who don't have a USB keyboard, you need one of those for gameplay, I believe those are $20-30. Then a full year of the online service adds up to $156, and that's just for one game. Look at Xbox live, that's $70 a year, plus there is 80+ games out for it. I'll give the game by summer when it hits its peak, and then it'll be full of cheaters that will ruin the online gaming experience. Most people are buying it just for the hard drive and not the game, since the PC version has been out for some time; hell, the Japanese version has been out for 2 years now.

Well, the thing is about MMPOG's, they are very very very time consuming games. I have always said each gamer has only enough room for 1 MMPOG....realistically. Some might pull off playing 2, but for a majority, just 1 is all you can handle. Both from a time and a financial standpoint.

Yea the price is expensive to play a MMPOG, but it is really worth it if the specific game is something you really will get into. I have played about 800+ hours of PSO over on cube, I pay 8.95 a month....and I bought the ascii hybrid controller keyboard for 69.99 when i started. So it just all depends on wether your going to put the time in to make the entire experience worthwhile.

Cheating shouldn't be a problem with FF-XI, it's on the harddrive. They can patch the game rather easily.