Page Location: Home > Tribes Aerial Assault > Topic
tw1st3d_m
rank 1
Posted:
Thu May 07, 2015 2:27 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Just found these forums. It's nice to see some people still play this game, even if its just a small amount.

I don't recognize any of your names, are you guys new? I used to play during the tournaments, I can't even remember the name haha. Back when .pow and .Inc and other clans played.

Such a shame this game never reached its full potential. It was truly the Halo Killer that it claimed to be. Best video game I ever played.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Thu May 07, 2015 5:41 pm
quote : #2
Twisted M, almost everyone knew my oLd school name, i knew 82nd, leaders of other clans, and i was in "angel of" clan for a short time, under a different name though.

There are many killer things about tribes compared to the other ps2 online games still played. First, it doesn't shut down like mka or area 51 or cod 1 2 or 3 does, and if and when the turn out is low... there is always bots i can add in tribes.

When i host i like to keep it fun for everyone by putting everyone on the same team and we just kick the bots ass. When i see and/or know someone is good, i'll split up the humans to make fair teams. Once in awhile i'll put all humans against me because i'm a very good killer and flag carrier.

Twisted M, i enjoy hunters very much and there is no other video game in the world that does what hunters does, except cod. Now cod got close to hunters by inventing kill confirmed its just that there's no nexus to hang the tags and hunters is only dm and kill confirmed is only tdm based game.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri May 08, 2015 9:18 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
tw1st3d_m wrote:
I don't recognize any of your names, are you guys new?

Believe it or not, there are people who play TAA who were not a part of the TAA Clan Community. We have been playing TAA since 2003 when this site started. We wrote the open source and publically released master list, and have been running the most stable TAA master list available since official services were shutdown in 2008.

I know the Tribes Clan Community was very close knit group of players, but there were pockets of other players playing Tribes that were not involved in Tournaments, or the inclusive discussions taking place on the tribesaa.com/gamerplug forums.

tw1st3d_m wrote:
Such a shame this game never reached its full potential.

I think it did reach its full potential. A large community forged around Tribes that went on for many years, and hosted very involved clan tournaments. TAA is right up there with Socom and TMBO as having a really involved competative community. TAA was a great success in that regard.
rank 34
Posted:
Fri May 08, 2015 4:28 pm
quote : #4
TAA did reach it's full potential, just look at the trophy on the back corner of slapdash.

Its just that it died out, like all games do, but we can still add bots Twisted Evil .

I just don't know of any other games where you can practice all online game modes offline or just go do the all most impossible campaign.

abubakar
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:44 am
quote : #5
Type: tstttyt
Deze mensen vragen zich af of in het asielcentrum alleen mannelijke
vluchtelingen zullen worden opgenomen ?

james