Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
Cipher_OneZero
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:56 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Can you still play these online? I've read guides on how to get them online, but I've had no joy. I've revived my interest in PS2 & PSP again recently, even though I have all the newer consoles, just so many great games I've got and never got round to playing back in the day...

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:46 am
quote : #2
I don't know about mkd but mka you can still play it online, with the right dns, you just need to find a time for players to show up.

you're lucky to get two or three games in and everyone gets disconnected but everyone just joins back up right away.

It sucks in mid game, during a race or a fight that you are about to win, and you get disconnected and it happens often. Its good to know that you can get a couple of games in with no problem so you just have to deal with the crashes.

Swbf2 is coming back and of course, my favorite, tribes. Tribes is one of the most solid, ps2 online games there is.

Last edited by Snafu Organizer on Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cipher_OneZero
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:55 am
quote : #3
The MK DNS didn't work for me, but I have had an issue with my Wireless Bridge which I have just fixed, so I may try it again.

Tribes never saw a UK release, and it's a pain booting PS2 Imports, compared to PSone, Dreamcast and even GameCube, which I have simple boot discs for.

I have just picked up the Biohazard Outbreak games though, from Japan via EBay, and I'm going to try and rip them to a HardDrive, since I soft modded my PS2 years ago with my Action Replay Max, so I may import a copy of Tribes and try that too.

Great news about Star Wars Battlefront 2, I still have those games, along with the PSP games.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:06 pm
quote : #4
The mka dns you need to use is 24.104.226.56 . Now you can only play with people on a pal ps2. The swbf2 dns is not the same and once again you can only play with pal ps2 players, like i can only play with ntsc ps2 players. If you ever get tribes to play on your ps2, i'll help to get you online.

Cipher_OneZero
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:00 am
quote : #5
Makes sense, PAL Server doesn't seem to work at all now. That's the DNS I was using. I was talking to some guys via Skype over at Bobz DNS, and they were trying to help me with no joy, they were playing it at the time.

If I get Tribes, is it possible to rip it to my PS2 Hard Drive using my PS2? Or maybe even rip it to a USB Flash Drive and run it off that? My PS2 is immaculate, and I really don't won't to go ripping it to pieces to do swap tricks.

Btw, is Phantasy Star Universe still online unofficially? I have that, and Ambition Illuminous. I have them both brand new and sealed, which I picked up for pennies back in the day. I'm sure I've seen people streaming it on Twitch.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:39 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
This thread has turned into a bit of a PS2 Online Chatroom, already having talked about Mortal Kombat Deception/Armageddon, Tribes, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Phantasy Star Universe, and Biohazard Outbreak. The site aims to cator to more focused discussions.

In the future please try to create a topic and stick to it as best you can.

Also, feel free to ask for advice in the Site Support forum if you need to know where to post something, have questions, or need help splitting/merging a thread for organizational purposes.

Thanks all ! Smile