Topic: tribes after game lobby

Page 13 of 27
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:49 pm
quote : #181
profile : pm
I think it would be great if it works again. All day today it was 2 on 3 or 3 on 2. When it was 1 on 3 or 4 i quickly changed it up because it was 2 on 3 and i changed one from the 2 side over first to the 3 side, and then i took 1 from the now 4 or 3 side over after. It did start out 2 on 2, but not for long.

Cirrus
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:59 pm
quote : #182
I'd be down for the clan tag experiment. Great games today. Can't believe I got stuck with a satchel Mad AND THOSE INFERNAL MINES!! Get me every time.

koss
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:41 am
quote : #183
Fuckin mines.... EVERYWHERE. I kept falling for the same damn trick over and over.

Pyroclasm was a really brutal map. I had no memory of it whatsoever. I never played DM (and to this day, in every game i play, I usually avoid DM because its too chaotic for me) but i was pretty surprised to see a map that I wasn't familiar with. TeamR@@kie was relentless on Pyroclasm.

Even though I've never been a DM fan, I have to say that DM and Hunters work better than CTF/CNH/TDM when there are 3 or less players. Playing team games with so few players just doesn't work. And like I've said before, the Team games that work best with such small servers are TDM and MAYBE CNH. I don't enjoy CTF with so few players. If we do go ahead with CTF, I think it works better when we pad the teams with bots.

I do miss Sanctuary a bit, we should throw that map in the rotation if we do some CTF next week. I enjoy Underhill, Sundried, and Oasis a lot as far as TDM goes.

Good games all around today, thanks to everyone who showed up for even just a few rounds.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:03 pm
quote : #184
Firestorm should not of been a tie, but DaMan wouldn't take the flag from me and when he did, he killed himself. We played for two hours though and the late new guy Demon, i think, is the same captain guy from a couple of weeks ago.

koss and Cirrus were there so there was a total of five players. I think the late joiner thinks we start at 4:30pm mountain time so he might be from the west somewhere.

Ending with death match on whiteout, with no remote stations, i think was a good way to sign off.

Cirrus
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:12 pm
quote : #185
Oh but it was a SWEET tie game. Cool DaMan kept killin me on Sun Dried. And Rook was kickin ass as always. And it's awesome to see a new player join up, hope Demon makes more appearances and also hope to see Chak88 and LordNikon soon again. AND fLip! Where is you!? Sad
Man, seeing the game tracker log I recognize a lot of OG players were playing on and off all these years. blingshyne, Apple, LEGO, TAO, and even Jdog from .POW posted here awhile ago. Be great to get more players, but it is awesome that we have any at all playing as much as they do. THANKS!!

DaMan
rank 19
Posted:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:13 pm
quote : #186
Type: NTSC-U/C
Snafu Organizer wrote:
Firestorm should not of been a tie, but DaMan wouldn't take the flag from me and when he did, he killed himself.

To that I say...Ooops.
what happened was by the time I realized I was not gonna get Cirrus while he had our flag, let me pick up theirs, and you go for him, even though you shooting at the flag should have tipped me off. When I did take the flag I thought let me keep an eye from behind to make there are no 'surprises' and I walked a bit too far and fall to the bottom I meant to go to the remote station only to fire at someone and then kill myself. (I think)
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:51 pm
quote : #187
Well shit happens, its just that i tried giving you the flag a bunch of times and you wouldn't take it. I consider myself a high level tribes player, being a leader of a clan, and i know the information very well to win the game. I took koss and Cirrus for granted thinking that they wouldn't go for the flag, but to win the game, i was not suppose to retrieve our flag and i use to use that trick a lot to win by a point or two. I thought Cirrus would of defended koss, not just hover around that flag spot waiting for it to be returned and tie the game in under 10 seconds. I really should of known better, but that's what you get taking the other players for granted or what i mean to say, don't underestimate other players when there's little time left.

I found out who this demon guy is, he's registered over at ps2onlinegaming.com and i think he just started playing the game and i think we'll see more of him.

Too bad that clan change thing didn't work. It must only be done in a AADS.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:52 pm
quote : #188
Good games today Wink Some intense TDM matches there. I was Haxorus by the way.
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:18 pm
quote : #189
Thanks for showing up, Lord Nikon, and SQUIRTLE. Good games all around. Cirrus and I left when we did because CTF wasn't fun at all. I am sorry if I sound like a broken record, but CTF is not a good game type for such small servers. Having your base gens attacked, and your inventory stations destroyed leaves you completely paralyzed, and unable to participate in CTF. I know that its part of Tribes, and a huge part of the appeal, but it only works when you have teams big enough to manage all the complexities of the gameplay. 2v2 is not enough players to defend your base, gens, inventory/vehicle stations, and flag, while also attacking the enemies base/gens/stations/etc and capping the flag, too. I have heard mention of AADS where gens/inventory stations etc repair themselves when the teams have less than 4 players or something. And it makes perfect sense. When you play Tribes 2 online, gens/inventory stations can't be attacked when the teams are too small. It just ruins the games. I wish we could implement something like that. Thats why game types like DM and Hunters are more fun when you have fewer players. It helps keep the playing field level.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:30 pm
quote : #190
i thought it was lordnikon

i shouldn't of switched the teams when i did because everyone was saying shazbot, so i switched them back

We finished out the game, even after the other two left, and called it a day. Koss hosted a room of dm and max 12 players so i popped in that for a bit.

I think pokecunt took the prize for names... and i think he was playing as a chick too.

i should of thrown in a hunters, you're right, and next time i will. There should be some other team game types to play as well, but ctf is a mandatory game.

CTF, with base defense and you koss was the first to take out a vehicle station so i thought, game on and putting pressure on the base was good too.

We played a couple of tough maps on ctf maps with vehicles and cnh has vehicles too, but those games were intense today.

A bunch of bots kept getting the flag today, on both sides too, and that it rare.

gg people and thanks for doing pokemon names

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Mon May 01, 2017 8:03 pm
quote : #191
Demon recorded two of April 23rds tribes matches on you tube.

koss
rank 9
Posted:
Tue May 02, 2017 1:42 am
quote : #192
Heres the youtube link[/url]

gRiMgRaVy014
rank 10
Posted:
Tue May 02, 2017 6:48 am
quote : #193
Dang, I need to get my PS2 at my apartment, I'd love to join you guys!

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Tue May 02, 2017 6:42 pm
quote : #194
Yo, gRiM, i see you pop in and out of here from time to time and you should just join for a game or two or suggest a time, any time, that can work for you to make sure you can even join still, after hocking up your ps2 man.

test run... 24 hour notice would be nice

Cirrus
rank 7
Posted:
Wed May 03, 2017 7:04 pm
quote : #195
If ctf is mandatory with as little as four players total and infuriating base destruction unavoidable can we not play Recalescence? It's too big of a map with that meager amount of people, everyone gets spread too thin.