Page 1 of 1
DaMan
rank 19
Posted:
Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:06 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Having finally gotten PS2 online working again and hearing on the DC section that Gamespy was apparently sold to another company I started trying out my online games and it doesn't look good while most gamespy games do support LAN I was wondering if someone else could verify what works or failed to connect besides someone who just barely got things working again.
DaMan
rank 19
Posted:
Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:42 pm
quote : #2
My bad; that's May 31st instead of Mar 31st when I was making the post, still several games I tried to log in to mention that gamespy no longer supported online play. which is why I wanted someone else to chime in on gamespy connectivity.
MasquedWarrior
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:17 pm
quote : #3
Many Gamespy games' online functions got terminated shortly after Glu bought out the Gamespy middleware in 2012. Openspy is a project that was created to replicate Gamespy server functionality. More information about this can be found here and here.

tess
rank 4
Posted:
Fri May 30, 2014 11:51 am
quote : #4
Type: PAL
Servers clousure is moved on end of June.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/12/50-ea-games-latest-victim-of-gamespy-closure-4724676/

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:08 am
quote : #5
Word! That is great news if it lasts another month. DCTM and I managed to get some work done for Starlancer over at the DC site. We want to try and do something for Midnight Club 2 here on the PS2 as it didn't use DNAS.

Thanks for the heads up tess!
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:52 pm
quote : #6
it's polandDC from Dreamcast section BTW Laughing That's cool for Starlancer being saved but I do worry the only game playable for ps2 will be now COD 3 not forever though.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:55 pm
quote : #7
polandDC I never knew that tess was actually you here at the site Very Happy Well we do have Tribes Aerial Assault which is online forever and within our control. If you are interested, try and get setup to play imports to play TAA online Wink
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:31 am
quote : #8
Well, my PS2 is totally legal so I don't think it would be possible with TAA for american region. Although I'll search out, maybe there exist some legal programms like gameshark or some other boot dvds. Beside I also have a chance to insert HDD. Thanks and sorry for the offtop Wink

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:35 pm
quote : #9
Swap Magic would be the way to go, as it would let you boot the game with a swap disc Wink