Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:45 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Is that you DEEZ NUTS?

Yeah I'm still kicking down tribes.

Are you still kicking ass at the rc racing and do you still have my video i made?

priyasharma05
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:52 am
quote : #17
Thank you for the information by reading this article I know a lot of things.
rank 34
Posted:
Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:30 am
quote : #18
Well i'll be doing tribes on Thursday, November 26th at 7pm cst so join using dns 142.4.223.231 if you can.

Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:50 pm
quote : #19
As I type, I'm beating around some bots. I still have my old PS2 and tribes disc, just lacking a PS2 memory card and an Ethernet cable.

I have a few questions:

Do you folks play with the most current AADS that was released?
The people that will play with the ISO version on PC...can they play with those that use the PS2?
Is there a server available to play on online 24/7?
How many do you gather on your Thursday nights?

I'm interested in doing some nostalgic gaming competitively I never found a game as dynamic, yet organized after playing this one. Perhaps I can drag a couple others online, as no doubt that the problem will be availability of players.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:20 am
quote : #20
The last released AADS was not that great. We tried out three AADS and found one that works the best, but no one is putting one up 24/7.

I host through a ps2 and the number count varies and is small. People come and people go and a number of players will show interest for less than a month and not show up anymore.

I have helped people from around the world, that have a ntsc ps2, to go online with tribes, but if i get enough of those joiners, it'll lag them out.

Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:05 pm
quote : #21
So what you guys play with is an aads?

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:30 pm
quote : #22
No, someone will host through a ps2 and that's it.

If you find someone that will host, or you can do it, through a aads, then do it.

Other then that no one will host through a aads unless you do it or just join a match where people will host through a ps2.

Don't ask someone to do it, just do it yourself.

Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:45 pm
quote : #23
Interesting, I was at a restaurant today and there just happened to be a VG store across the street with ps2 mem cards for $5. I picked one up lol. Just need the Ethernet cord now. I tossed around some bots, but gets pretty lonely. I'd like to see this game have some sort of following still, sort of like what CS 1.6 has or even Tribes 2. Perhaps an occasional tourney.

What does it take to run an AADS? I think the only obstacle would be my computer, perhaps I can stick a friend with a better PC to run it.

In any case, I can probably try to connect and play tomorrow. I'll also refrain from vehicle capping, repair running, mortar spamming and missile dodging Razz. Keep in mind, I think host gets special advantages with aim on the original servers.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:11 am
quote : #24
You know all the glitches you can do when someone hosts through a ps2, that's cool.

When someone caps flags with the vehicle, i usually destroy their vehicle before they have a chance to fly away.

There is one guy that repair runs with the flag and i try to let him know that he wouldn't be able to do that on a AADS, but he does it anyway so i just try to beat the hell out of him or have concussions ready for him.

A tourney would be hard to do because a number of players, what few there are, are new to tribes, new to tournaments, and still might not show up when they should.

I don't know about the aiming, but i do know by being the host that I am most vulnerable to a lot of things.

Playing capture the flag, I put everyone on the same team and after a few games I like changing over to hunters.

Hunters rocks, there is no other game style or mode like hunters on any other game I have seen. The closest I've seen is kill confirmed on cod games, but that's tdm based and not dm based.

Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:01 am
quote : #25
That's right, I think I remember it in reverse, it's the host that is easier to hit. I'm actually excited to play a game. I'd like to play ctf, and I want people to try to get the flag from me. I was primarily a flag defender. If we ever get an AADS up, that'd be cool to play on, but this is like tribes of old I suppose anyway when many would host their own regular servers.

Can people on the emulator connect regularly as if it were a ps2?

In any case, what time are you going to play today? After noon is good for me.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:11 am
quote : #26
I know this isn't the game organizer, but i'll host another game at 1pm cst today, Saturday. If that will work for you, let me know that your dns is set, and if you can make it.

A AADS set up would be great, but with few players, it is nice going through a ps2 to add bots, even though the hosts suffers.

I won't host if i don't get a reply and i want you to make sure you can see the master list before i host that you have your dns saved and set.

Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:24 am
quote : #27
Alright, so in an hour and a half about. Ill get rolling shortly. Please make a ctf at first.

Also, how is the master list up? Are you running that?

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:41 am
quote : #28
The master list is a room you can see but can't join, when using the correct dns 142.4.223.231, that is.

The Master List room and correct dns to join tribes is put up by Online Console Oc the people here.

I have nothing to do with it.

It's just nice to see a dummy room up to let you know you're at the right spot.

I'll host ctf and if you're a flag defender then i want to go against you. Sitting around and having bots try and take your flag isn't much fun.

After a couple of ctf games i would like to do some hunters or cnh if you're up for it.

I love one on one cnh on firestorm, but you must go for points. Don't just sit there trying to get kills and lose the game. I want people to try and win the game.

Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:43 pm
quote : #29
Sounds good. I'm trying to get myself going, but it seems like my connection isn't going through on the ps2. I entered my router's name and password, but it seems like nothing happens when the connection test is going through, kind of just sits there....same when I try to get onto the master list. Any suggestions? I have fios.

Deez
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:47 pm
quote : #30
Type: VA
<PGP>Nebular.. hope to see you on in a few!