Alienhideout
rank 5
Posted:
Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:06 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I'm testing 2 AADS servers.

The first one is directed to Bobz DNS 24.104.236.98 -- no error message in telnet screen

The second is directed to OC's DNS 142.4.223.231 -- getting error "master_server: unable to register with 0.0.0.0:0" and "master_server: Retrying registration with 0.0.0.0:0"

If you can see either AADS server pm me or post here.

Is there possibly an issue with OC's firewall causing the error message? Does anyone else receive that message on their telnet screen?

You will have to have a PS2 network setting for each DNS saved on your memory card and switch connection between the two.

Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:19 pm
quote : #2
Nothing. Also, my stupid server is visible (to me) on the list ] no matter what aads IP I inject. I don't see bobz server on there either. What versions were you trying Alien?

Alienhideout
rank 5
Posted:
Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:29 pm
quote : #3
0.0.4.0 on Bobz with injector 1.0 and 0.4.1.0 on OC with injector 1.1. Do you get the master list registration error on your telnet screen (at the bottom) when you direct aads to OC's master list? Also have you tried directing your aads to Bobz DNS? I get the error no matter which version of aads or injector I use for OC. Your server will always be visible to you because it's on your local network.

Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:37 pm
quote : #4
I don't get any master list errors. I have a 4.0 hosted on this site's ip right now if you want to check. Nope, haven't tried out bobz DNS. I thought he ran his own aads server, but it isn't there either.

Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:42 pm
quote : #5
But I also didn't use telnet. Why don't we try to host our own ML? Atleast we know those can actually be hosted

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:48 pm
quote : #6
What would happen if you guys lan tunnel with xlink kai and tried a aads?

Alienhideout
rank 5
Posted:
Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:48 pm
quote : #7
Do you have a telnet program, If not I can send you one. I'd really like to know if anyone else is getting that error message from OC's master list. If so, that would lead me to believe it is a possible firewall issue on OC's end and maybe easily fixed. I had AADS running about five years ago through OC's master list with no problems and I'm pretty sure I was using v.0.4.0.0 because I remember the server name "Inevitable #2" and the username and password "capture" and "fashion" from that version of aads.

Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:52 pm
quote : #8
I'll try the telnet client. The one you sent me in email is good?

Also, shall we try the ML?

Alienhideout
rank 5
Posted:
Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:54 pm
quote : #9
Snafu, I don't think that would work because aads would not have a Master List to point at. and I dont know if you can tunnel console to pc on xlink.

Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:55 pm
quote : #10
I'm not clear with what telnet is really. I know it is used to admin the aads. Do comps automatically have it though? I've dabbled with that info.

Send me it over in email, I'll give it a whirl.

Alienhideout
rank 5
Posted:
Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:00 pm
quote : #11
Well, If I get enough free time I might try it. Right now I'm pretty busy for 2-3 weeks (things came up). If you want to try, let me know and I'll try to connect to your ML if i can, I'll be on here from time to time. I also need to set up my computer again for all of this (been using the wife's computer and she doesn't like all this "stuff" on it).

Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:02 pm
quote : #12

I got one up at that IP. I mean, all I did was just open it up, is anything else required?

Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:05 pm
quote : #13
Where can I get the telnet stuff?

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:05 pm
quote : #14
I have a question for alien

when you host and enter your aads room, can you talk?

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:06 pm
quote : #15
if you leave and enter back and the refresh doesn't say working

it doesn't work

i don't see it

i mean, i don't think your dns works right