Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:14 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

HomeLAN just posted their interview with Climax today on the approaching first person shooter. Featuring PS2 exclusive online functions, serious sam: next encounter could feed many gamers cravings for a classic online fragfest.

"Croteam's Serious Sam series of value priced first person shooter have gotten a lot of critical acclaim in its PC and Xbox version but while they are busy with the next PC-Xbox game in the series, publisher Take Two got UK developer Climax to create an all new Serious Sam game for the PS2 and GameCube consoles for their value priced Global Star Software brand. HomeLAN got a chance to chat with the Climax dev team to find out more about their plans for Serious Sam: The Next Encounter."

You can read the full interview here:
http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=21815

PS: Check out the vehicle screenshot Very Happy

rank 23
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:40 pm
quote : #2
Hi,
Nikon, Mytho, you're both getting this game upon release. It's $20. No excuses. I read the interview bits. You're getting it. We're playing ASAP. First map: Rome.

The weapon selection will be interesting? Do we push the stick in? I mean we're already using both I thought.

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:48 pm
quote : #3
Apple wrote:
Hi,
Nikon, Mytho, you're both getting this game upon release. It's $20. No excuses. I read the interview bits. You're getting it. We're playing ASAP. First map: Rome.

The weapon selection will be interesting? Do we push the stick in? I mean we're already using both I thought.

LOL Apple. I made my mind up to get this when it was first announced. $20 for more value than a $50 game? Sign me up!

I really liked this last tidbit in the interview:

Climax wrote:
It's not clever. But it is big and it is cheap. If someone's into gaming and they have a PS2 or a Gamecube, there's really no reason for them not to pick up Serious Sam: Next Encounter. There's a hell of a lot of single player content in there and when you factor in two player co-op and multiplayer along with that, it's a real value for money proposition. It'll make you laugh too.

-Mytho

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:04 pm
quote : #4
Apple I have this game on pre-order already. Smile I have been anticipating the game since it was first announced. I am all over this game like white on rice. In my opinion, there are 4 PC first person shooters that fall into this little classic pile, i like to call the furious 4. (Unreal Tournament, Quake 3 Arena, Tribes 1 or 2, Serious Sam) Games that pushed fast paced aggressive gameplay.

The PS2 already has TribesAA, it probobly will not be getting any unreal tournaments since microsoft has monopolized those, and quake 3 prolly won't since Q3 revolution is already out on ps2 and not online.

So Serious Sam hitting the PS2 with 8 player online capabilities is a huge huge huge deal for me. It's game's like these that give meaning to the word 'Deathmatch'.
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:01 pm
quote : #5
This is a little unclear and to me an important question: Are vehicles online?
Hmmm there's a lot of questions. It sounds like no matter what this will rock for $15, but there's a whole lot of potential for the best online game ever or the worst. It could go either way, knowing as little as we do. It could be like Tribes to get on and admin or it could be like XIII. Both are good games, but XIII's server flaws annoy me at times. There's so much I want to know but don't about it. I expect to know everything by the end of next week in time for me to purchase it.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:50 pm
quote : #6
Yea it drives me nuts when we can't find out what all the important features we all find very important are.

I hope you can customize games. Because I already saw a screenshot of deathmatch play. It has a radar in it. I pray you can customize that. Radar's kinda cut the gameplay down a bit.

There are all types of questions I have floating in my mind such as:
Online Vehicles?
Hosting Admin settings? Such as, player count, radar, weapons, maps
Can games be passworded?
keyboard support?
how many online maps?
how many online modes?

At the moment the number one feature I am hoping will be included is lobby chat keyboard support.
rank 23
Posted:
Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:09 am
quote : #7
WHy don't you like radar? I think it would be pretty cool.

DietGarfield
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:30 pm
quote : #8
Im getting it... but when is it comming out?
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:56 pm
quote : #9
Ships Monday.