Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat May 14, 2016 3:33 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I have been steadily picking up Romance of the Three Kingdoms games. I am planning to start off playing VII. I have never played this series before and everything I have read describes them as being terse, extremly deep and complex games, that warrent hours of mastery and very long play sessions. I read the following about ROTK XI:

Quote:
"It is refreshing to see a game so unflinchingly, so stubbornly sticking by its guns to deliver a gaming experience that may not be to everyone’s tastes, but for those who it does appeal to, there simply is no substitute." (source)

I am always impressed when companies do this. From Software did it with Armored Core Last Raven.

I have no idea if I will like this series or not, but I want to play the games just to see what they are all about. Its all strategy, and the games play like a spreadsheet simulator, but seeing as how I am a big fan of the Three Kingdoms period and how they are represented in Dynasty Warriors, I could get into these. I am planning on starting VII soon. From there, I am not sure if I am going to go backwards in the series to other platforms, or move onward to VIII on PS2 and beyond.

The following games exist on the PS2:

• Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII
  • Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII
  • Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX
  • Romance of the Three Kingdoms X
  • Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI

VII and VIII are the most affordable ($8-15 ea), with XI costing the most at around $45 average.