Topic: AADS up and running

Page 1 of 1
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:27 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
There will be a AADS up and running for the next couple of days. It's the best AADS that we tested and the others are much worse.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:40 am
quote : #2
Well we played on the AADS last night for awhile, but now the master list is down and so is the AADS.

Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:39 pm
quote : #3
That's good new. Did it play well? Who ran it?

Favrenation
rank 6
Posted:
Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:09 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Wew, haven’t posted here in awhile.

Well I'm the one running the AADS. I tested this with Snafu last year and I happened to come across a server with a diamond as the symbol instead of an arrow. I am not sure if that was the one we went with, but I know that we found one that worked really well. I have the two arrow versions which I assume is 0.4 and 0.41. The former lags really badly and is unplayable and 0.41 plays fine but with some minor lag that we aren't sure is the server or not. 0.41 notes in the release notes that it fixes the lag that I assume is what we were seeing in the earlier version. I am currently running a CNH server and trying to figure out what ports I need to open to host all game modes. I have a dedicated server hosted at my companies datacenter in Milwaukee with KVM setup so the connection should be great. I am using a windows XP vm to test this out but I used a windows 2000 one last year as I recall Nikon mentioning to use that as a control for testing some years ago.

I will report back when I can test this out more but if anyone can point me towards the AADS with the diamond on it that would be really helpful.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:50 am
quote : #5
The four rooms work good and with some lag that i think no one can fix because it's in the program itself, just look at the shitty one. The ping is great, you can talk again, and if people know the tricks of playing with out the aads, then you know those tricks are blocked.

There were three different symbols by the rooms first was a phone, meaning someone was hosting tribes with dial up, then there were mostly arrows, and in the last days i remember the diamond like symbol. Now, i remember rooms having the same symbol, but different programs. There was even one program running that if there was less than five players on a team, the generators and base turrets, well everything would repair itself.