Page 1 of 1
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:38 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Why is it that in some rounds the bots will be playing defense and repair, and then all of a sudden in the latter half of the match they are suddenly cappin' flags like crazy, and destroying generators? I have seen it happen quite a few times online and its really strange.

Its like the tide of the match completly changes out of nowhere, and it can be quite frustrating to think you have a handle on the flow of the match and then it seems to completly shift mid-match somehow. Bots are suddenly more aggressive, and are doing things in a way far smarter than they were when the match first started.
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:19 pm
quote : #2
You're right, i have notice it too. Bots don't always go for the flag and i like to try to go by the name of the bots and see if they have the same behavior. Now i always keep the bots at the same A.I. level of 4 and i know if i changed it, things would be different. Bots, that i have noticed, always are in heavy and destroy the turrets or maybe try for the base, not go for the flag a bunch of times. I do find it funny that their behavior or programming changes at times like you mentioned Lord Nikon.

DaMan
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:06 pm
quote : #3
I know I asked myself 'what is that bot doing' once today.

other then being killed 3 times in a row by the same bot, I guess most of the time I just assumed that Snafu Organizer had set something up.
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:23 am
quote : #4
I might use this thread to try and chronicle wierd shifts in AI when playing. Maybe with more recording of experiences, we can start to see the patterns. Not really to try and do anything about it, but just because I find it interesting.
rank 19
Posted:
Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:48 pm
quote : #5
1/29/17 CTF on Paranoia, I saw a bot by the cylindral things behind the building just standing there doing...nothing.
DaMan
rank 19
Posted:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:43 pm
quote : #6
2/26/17

The bots on that valley map with a base on each side (I know that doesn't help much...)
anyway I joined late and the 2 stations in my base (team deathmatch) when I tried to repair them i'd get blown to bits I thought it was some of the new faces and it may have been a few times, but it turned out to be mostly the BOTS camping (it seemed) waiting to keep me from repairing the station it may have not been 'sketchy' and the difficulty was jacked up though.