Page Location: Home > Tribes Aerial Assault > Topic
Major Tom
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:00 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Capture and Hold is probably my favorite, even with bots. Although with humans CTF is good.

prophet138
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U
Hunters is by far my favorite gametype.
XBOX 360 - Gears of War 3
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:41 pm
quote : #3
I like hunters and if you're are new to tribes, hunters will take some getting use to.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:44 pm
quote : #4
I think Hunters is great because it is the true deathmatch equivelant to Quake/Unreal. It uses the spacial aspect of Tribes to score points and take out players. That is lacking somewhat in Tribes DM (often called Dueling). I don't think that Dueling in Tribes matches the level of gameplay of 1 on 1 deathmatch in other FPS's due to the lack of corridor map memorization and item spawning. Hunters however does.

As far as other modes this is really tricky. My favorite times in Tribes are in full CTF matches on maps like Paranoia. However it only works when the match extends to the full timeline, people are defending the flags well so the match doesn't end fast, and there is both the flag defense AND base/resource management aspect going on as well. I don't quite yet know how to replicate this when humans out populate the bots, especially when there is a rapid clan level flag capper running the flag so fast the map is over in 1 minute.

I guess this is where CNH comes in, and lately I have been playing a lot of it offline lately. I just wish some of the great CTF maps like Paranoia were in CNH. Imagine a Paranoia CNH, like Firestorm with the hold point in that center area.... it would be awesome.
rank 34
Posted:
Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:33 pm
quote : #5
well if you're going to be like that, which i think is killer, how about hunters or CNH on Oasis. That would be off the charts for how small and intense that map is. I do like the idea of cnh on paranoia, hell almost everything on paranoia is fun until people start camping in the base like on tdm or dm. I do like the high mountains on abominable and the space you have to cover playing cnh on that map is sweet.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:34 pm
quote : #6
After some recent matches in CNH I have come to a few conclusions.

For the first time in a long time, I felt a really good balance between time spent in the match, map variation, competition, quality bot interaction, and close scores (even with 2 players).

CTF is great, but you really need a decent amount of human players. Large matches with good players on both sides are needed to make CTF a success.

I think CNH is the go to team based competative mode when dealing with a smaller community. With Hunters being the go to every man for themselves mode, and I feel its the true equivelant to UT/Q3's deathmatch. Tribes does have Deathmatch of course, but... I never felt it matched UT/Q3's DM because of the open terrain. This is where Hunters comes in to fix that problem, by encouraging open terrain traversal to collect flags.

Its tough seeing TAA's best game mode (CTF) not work as well or not have the same feel as it did back in the day. So I am kind of excited to see CNH feeling so fun and engaging. I have always liked CNH, but I guess now its settling in more so than ever as the best Team based mode when playing with 2-6 human players.
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:45 pm
quote : #7
Now, i have no problem putting everyone on the same team when playing ctf. Everyone has a blast and no one gets crushed. When playing cnh, i would not put everyone on the same team because we would just own all the spots and we might get burnt out playing that.

I like ctf because you can cap the game by hanging eight flags and cnh you have to wait for the time to run out. That's why i did ten minute cnh games and it worked out well, even though i finally lost a game or two. Hunters is just the shit, a game where the tides can turn... and turn... and turn back again.

EDIT: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:42 am

I still think hunters is the best. Team work can be fun and great with vehicles or with your team mate taking down the guy going for you or just pop a couple of flares so you don't get shot down.

Now on hunters... its all you.

I love it!

Lego893
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:26 am
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U
I like hunters. However if there is enough players i like TDM.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:27 pm
quote : #9
I'm not a fan of tdm, i would rather have dm, and then again hunters. The closest game, on any game in the world, that is like hunters, would be kill confirmed.

At least that's the only one i know of, but it's team based only and not on the ps2.

Lego, just for you, the next time, hell the only time you join... on a Sunday, will be tdm only.

I know you just play for an hour, but i do appreciate you showing up.

After 45 minutes to an hour, i'll switch to hunters.

I do love cnh, one on one on firestorm and cnh on Jacob's ladder<<< i loved that movie too Twisted Evil

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:53 pm
quote : #10
Well since i see new players here, i thought i would repop up this question.

zyclonbaby
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:41 pm
quote : #11
katabatic and slapdash on capture the flag. Hunter game mode is good too there were never that many lobbies for that game mode back in the day so i never played it much.

Just happy to be playing online again

Cirrus
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:39 pm
quote : #12
TDM and DM. CNH is alright too. CTF was fun when it was 8v8 or a chaotic clan match

fLiP
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:45 pm
quote : #13
Type: ???
CTF is the best. Hands down.

CNH in close second.

Then TDM.

Hunters is poised to move up the radar with the current community.
Posted:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:40 am
quote : #14
CTF, mainly because it was the only one servers were playing when I played the game a lot.. lol. I never had much experience with other modes and mainly cared about which server had most players.

zyclonbaby
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:23 pm
quote : #15
@kansas I did the exact same thing! Played in servers that had the most amount of players