Page Location: Home > PENDING DELETION > Final Fantasy XI Online > Topic
Sephiroth Sin
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:09 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Yesterday morning i wake up to get the HDD with FFXI (not FFXI with the HDD), and ive been reading for the past couple of days that it wont come with anything but FFXI, and i was really, really upset about that. when i was driving home i was still contemplating whether i should bring it back or not. im glad i didnt. and ill tell you why now.

FFXI is just great. i was skeptical about it like almost everyone else is. but i was wrong, (this is all my opinion, take it how you want)

it took about an hour to get everything installed and updated. then i was finally onto playing the game. whoever said that the PC players were going to make fun of the PS2 kids were dead right. hahah you wouldnt believe how many people were like NOOB ALERT! but the thing was, i wasnt alone there were hundreds of new players today (i wonder why).

the thing that made it great in my book is that people were actually teaching the newbies the ropes. i joined a party with some guy and he was basically teaching us everything, from battle to trading. he even defended the NOOBS when people were telling them false information (like telling them to go someplace for Gil, when in actuality it was a suicide mission. the game really makes you feel like your in a community and that every single event is important.

i really think i got my money's worth today. and if the media player/picture viewer had come with it, that wouldve made it go over the top. sadly it didnt, but hopefully sometime soon.

if you were like me and didnt want to buy the HDD with JUST FFXI, really try the game out. Its more than a game, in my opinion, its seriously feels different than anything ive ever played.

an dont forget you get a month free, so what do you have to lose?

oh and for anyone interested, im an elvaan male level 2 of the Sylth server

username: ANTEC
add me if youre on the Sylth server, or if you want, ill hook you up with a world pass.
Posted:
Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:42 am
quote : #2
Wow, that sounds nice. I was lazy and ordered mine off the EB website, so I won't recieve it in the mail until Friday. Confused

Suppa Buddha
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:35 pm
quote : #3
I knew someone would like it. Yeah the PC players weren't assholes to anyone that I know of but I joined up with some new PS2 players for an hour or so. But of of them help me and this other guy out, it was pretty fun. I think it was worth my money. But if anyone of you want to get on a specific server theres a trick that you can do. It may take a long time to get on the server you want or it'll be short. I'll try to find how to do it exactly but if your deciding to go on Quetzalcoatl tell me so we can play.
satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:09 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
I hope to get this game by the weekend, if not by Spring Break (2 weeks from now for me). I'll be on the Odin server though, that's where my two friends who have the PC version place.

Does anyone know if two people can be logged into the same account at the same time? One of my friends says his two friends do it with the PC version, but can it be done with 1 PS2 and 1 PC? Cause if so, I might get the PC version (it doesn't have a CD key or anything, does it?) so my bro and I can play at the same time, with one account.

EDIT: Also!! I NEED to know where I can get a cheap (sub-$15) PS/2 (keyboard) -> USB converter! Since I already have a PS/2 keyboard for my GC, it wouldn't make sense buying another keyboard just for another console, so I need to know where to get a converter. Well, before I get one, I'd also need to know if they work, can anyone answer that? Thanks.

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:25 pm
quote : #5
U can get a converter at radio shack for about 10 bucks. I use a converter for my key board and it works fine on my PS2.
Posted:
Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:13 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
SolidSnake wrote:
U can get a converter at radio shack for about 10 bucks. I use a converter for my key board and it works fine on my PS2.

Awesome, thanks a lot. I'll be sure to check out Radio Shack after I hit BestBuy to pick up FFXI (whenever that may be..)

kodabb51
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:39 am
quote : #7
i finally bought da ps2 hdd..but too bad i have dial up lol..i'm not gonna start my free subscription for ff11 til later..like wen i have vacation..but i am starting to play tetra master..anyone else play it?

Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:39 pm
quote : #8
Tetra Master?

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:19 pm
quote : #9
Is there more than 1 game on the harddrive or are they demos?
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:49 pm
quote : #10
there are two games that come with the hdd..tetra master and final fantasy 11..tetra master is a card game that wuz in ff9..itz $1 a month to play tetra master online