Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
killer-elite
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:03 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I recently have been buying HDD compatible games for my Sony Playstation 2 and notice that NHL 2K5 does not install onto the Hard Drive but it does use the HDD as a Memory Card... Is there is a setting or a game mode that I have to do to activate it?? I notice that the other ESPN 2k5 games automatically install on the HDD , maybe I have a bad copy??

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:31 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hmm, do you have access to a manual? I wonder if the game only used the HD as a memory card only.

I don't own the game, so I cannot test. I do own an official HD though.

Are you working with official HDD functionality (ie. not hacking/homebrew) ?
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:07 am
quote : #3
I thought the Game had a partial HDD Installation like the other Sega 2K Sport games... I got the info from the Playstation 2 HDD Wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2_Expansion_Bay#Hard_disk_drive

On a side note....I also bought The Urbz: Sims in the City which is suppose to have HDD install option but only uses the HDD as a Memory Card... The page talks about using a 512 MB "__tmp" Partition to cache Game Files to speed up load times but I dont see it installed on the HDD... Im thinking its a temporary cache that is on the HDD but not written to it....

Oh well..

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:23 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea too bad some games only use save support. Interesting about The Urbz.

Oh wow, Street Fighter Alpha Anthology and Metal Saga both use the HDD... cool! I was not aware of that. I wonder what the difference in load times are with SFAA.