rank 3
Posted:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:56 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Very Happy

How goes it, peoples?

It's been many years since I last played this game. I was hated in the randoms. Played for a couple of teams, etc.
Recently, I found this game on Amazon (new) for roughly twenty-five dollars. I spent many years, in my youth, playing this game.

I thought I'd venture back in (I need much practice), by diving back in. Currently, I've been practicing with the bots. There's no comparison to a real match against live players. I just printed out the guide to re-connecting. I'm going to check this out, further.

Anyway, I hope to see some people there. Total nostalgia.

Your's truly,
Josh

SpeedyG
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:02 pm
quote : #2
Btw, Shiny.Nickle was spelled wrong. Shiny.Nickel. /Sigh. Smile

SpeedyG
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:13 pm
quote : #3
Wink

I'm seeing, amongst this forum, people that want to play this game through emulation. This is sad.
You can get a working ps2 for roughly a hundred bucks or more. The game itself is on Amazon for around 25 bucks.
If you're serious, this is the way I would go. Seriously.

Josh

SpeedyG
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:46 pm
quote : #4
/taps microphone

Testing..testing..123.

Is this thing on?

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:07 pm
quote : #5
Hi SpeedyG, welcome back to TribesAA. Coordinate with some players and you will get a match going. This usually takes place on Sundays. Glad to see you are interested in playing again.

Some players will never come back to TAA by buying the original hardware/game, but if they can use existing equipment they already have (their computer), it brings back players that would otherwise never be here. Also, we play on PS2 hosted servers so we have bots for more targets to shoot at. There simply aren't enough active players to populate a full CTF match so the bots greatly help keep TAA playable. Especially in Hunters mode. Eventually we hope to run some dedicated servers from emulators in a virtual machine to provide more persistant servers in the master list that feature running gameplay. This is all in theory at the moment, but it would be great to get it working.

I am committed to using a real PS2, but not everyone is, and that is okay.

Playing TAA over an emulator should be no sadder than you being away from the game for so long. Wink
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:47 pm
quote : #6
lordnikon wrote:
Hi SpeedyG, welcome back to TribesAA. Coordinate with some players and you will get a match going. This usually takes place on Sundays. Glad to see you are interested in playing again.

Some players will never come back to TAA by buying the original hardware/game, but if they can use existing equipment they already have (their computer), it brings back players that would otherwise never be here. Also, we play on PS2 hosted servers so we have bots for more targets to shoot at. There simply aren't enough active players to populate a full CTF match so the bots greatly help keep TAA playable. Especially in Hunters mode. Eventually we hope to run some dedicated servers from emulators in a virtual machine to provide more persistant servers in the master list that feature running gameplay. This is all in theory at the moment, but it would be great to get it working.

I am committed to using a real PS2, but not everyone is, and that is okay.

Playing TAA over an emulator should be no sadder than you being away from the game for so long. Wink

Thanks.

Fair enough. I assume they are able to play online with the rest of us using the hardware? That would be cool.

I miss this game terribly. It was just too much fun.

Thank you for the info. Once I hunt down an ethernet cable I will try to get online for a match or two with some folks. I can't wait.