lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:55 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I'm not mad at you Apple. Not at all.

Due to the rediculious amount of searching I have to do for all kinds of information (specially info on Sega Dreamcast stuff), this beating around the bush is frustrating for me persionally in a big way.

For instance look at this listing for everything or nothing:
http://www.us.playstation.com/games.aspx?id=SLUS-20751

The icon at the bottom says broadband and dialup. Which is incorrect. I had to actually go to the store and look at the box for this and many other games because website's are not posting them correctly.

So for most info I have to track down I have to pull these rediculious research campaigns. Sometimes sitting in google.com for hours on end trying to find information that should be clearly stated...somewhere....anywhere.

Just think how long it will take me to actually get a definative list of games that play online, and allow for PAL vs NTSC gameplay.

So then when I arrive at taa.com and have to decrypt some social message and dig through the forums to even TRY to find the actual thread that contains the news post, it's just a big headache.

AADS server software being released to the public IS a big deal, its a huge deal, the second dedicated server to be released for a console game. (Dreamcast Quake III Arena hold's the 1st place position) However due to the process I must go through to aquire correct information, let alone find it there, drop's my excitement/jubilation by a million. Which is there right, I mean, they can run the site however they want. But still doesn't change the fact that extracting correct valid information from the place is a chore and a half.
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:07 pm
quote : #17
Evil or Very Mad

Hmm... Quake 3?

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:13 pm
quote : #18
Quake 3 Arena for the Sega Dreamcast has dedicated servers. Has had a method for publically created dedicated server's since the game was released. Everything in terms of online console gaming was pioneered first, on the Dreamcast. Download Content, Voice Chat, Cross System Compatibility, Dedicated Server's, Direct-IP, Direct Dial, etc etc
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:22 pm
quote : #19
Tysoft is being annoying Sad

martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:54 pm
quote : #20
lordnikon wrote:
Quake 3 Arena for the Sega Dreamcast has dedicated servers. Has had a method for publically created dedicated server's since the game was released. Everything in terms of online console gaming was pioneered first, on the Dreamcast. Download Content, Voice Chat, Cross System Compatibility, Dedicated Server's, Direct-IP, Direct Dial, etc etc

I definitely agree.

But direct dial? I know you can do it with Saturn NetLink (me, always with the Saturn comments Smile), but I'd never heard of a direct dial Dreamcast game.

I definitely feel you on the "just put the information out there as clear as possible" thing, though. Sometimes it's ridiculously hard just to get a simple question answered, once and for all. I do appreciate your attitude.
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
quote : #21
Oh yea my bad, saturn did direct dial. Cast had it on some jp games, but sorting through the JP language menu's is really impossible. So utilizing it will never really happen. But the technology was atleast there in the cast.

BTW: someone screencapped the site for aads server at taa.com, the link is below.

http://aads.gamerplug.com/

Warning: Link download is a bogus movie. Once again....more bullshit. I might not even make a news thread about this anymore, once it is actually released. My motivation level has plumitted.
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:04 pm
quote : #22
Ya Tysoft can be annoying like that. I have the guide links which are hidden now. He's really killed it with the jokes. Expect it sometime this weekend I hope. Just keep checking aads.gamerplug.com

So do you want the links to how to launch it? (If you had the pgrogram)

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:16 pm
quote : #23
Apple wrote:
So do you want the links to how to launch it? (If you had the pgrogram)

yea sure
rank 23
Posted:
Wed May 12, 2004 8:46 pm
quote : #24
umm... *cough*

http://www.gamerplug.com/tribesaa/showthread.php?t=40875

So I was off by a little over a month.

Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Wed May 12, 2004 9:01 pm
quote : #25
Apple wrote:
umm... *cough*

what is that a download for?

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu May 13, 2004 1:39 am
quote : #26
Memphissss wrote:
Apple wrote:
umm... *cough*

what is that a download for?

That is a download for the greatest thing that will ever hit Playstation 2 online.

Aerial Assault Dedicated Server software, in public format. Read front page news for full details.

AADS is now public.

WHOOOOOOOOO HOOOOO!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy