Page Location: Home > Tribes Aerial Assault > Topic
SpeedyG
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:38 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Posts: 16
Type: NTSC-U/C
...that would enable more chat options used in game.

Does anyone remember this?

For the life of me, I can't remember what it was. Please help me. Laughing

Also, does anyone here still use Vent for communications? That, too, would rock.
Any info is welcomed.

Peace,
Josh
 
SpeedyG
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:28 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Posts: 16
Type: NTSC-U/C
It seems I've come back around too late. I'll check back within a couple of months to see if any interest to play this game has risen back up.
 
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:07 pm
quote : #3
profile : pm
Posts: 2832
Type: NTSC-U/C
SpeedyG wrote:
...that would enable more chat options used in game.

Does anyone remember this?

For the life of me, I can't remember what it was. Please help me. Laughing

Also, does anyone here still use Vent for communications? That, too, would rock.
Any info is welcomed.

Peace,
Josh

The chat options only work on AADS (dedicated) servers, but the other feature was alternate control scheme options which when saved would let you use the new control layout on any server.

SpeedyG wrote:
It seems I've come back around too late. I'll check back within a couple of months to see if any interest to play this game has risen back up.

Most people seem to expect a lobby teaming with players to be available when its convenient for them. Its expected that everybody else is supposed to prop up the game so its served on a silver platter. A service, like XBLA, PSN, etc, that "serves" you.

Games reach a certain threshold where the number of active players are unable to maintain this level of convenience. Its very hard to get a game back over the hump again to where this is possible. Games were organized, mostly by "Snafu Organizer" for almost 3-4 years. We played a LOT of Tribes, but it took hard work, dedicatation by the players involved, and we all had to commit to connecting at pre-designated times to play. 98% of the time the master list was devoid of servers and activity, but during key times, matches were happening.

You are more than welcome to casually check this site every once and a while to see if other users have done the hard work for you, to give you the online experience you are seeking. Sorry if this sounds terse, but this site has been online since 2003, and many people have come to the site, voicing their opinion on what they feel "this site should provide to them", and they move on.

Don't get me wrong. Online gaming, is about Humans playing vs other Humans. You need a player base for online gaming to occur. However, given the state of affairs, everyone has to be involved. It requires extra effort every step of the way. You also need to understand if we have 7 people who are regular players, one person might have lost their memory card with their primary TAA save on it (like me... I simply cannot find this thing...but I will!), others may have moved and their PS2 is in a box, someone else might be having a baby right now, others might simply be playing a different game on the PS2 or even another platform (which is totally okay!), and others might have held the torch of Community Manager (a la Snafu) for quite a while and are taking a bit of a well deserved break from the week-in-week-out match scheduling.

You gotta be more patient and start to understand the hurdles of trying to preserve and continue to play a game such as this. You can also not be patient. Either way its up to you and we welcome you back whenever you want to try and get involved.
  _________________
The most effective, in this war?
The Bydo have it... and they control it.
SpeedyG
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:02 pm
quote : #4
profile : pm
Posts: 16
Type: NTSC-U/C
lordnikon wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
...that would enable more chat options used in game.

Does anyone remember this?

For the life of me, I can't remember what it was. Please help me. Laughing

Also, does anyone here still use Vent for communications? That, too, would rock.
Any info is welcomed.

Peace,
Josh

The chat options only work on AADS (dedicated) servers, but the other feature was alternate control scheme options which when saved would let you use the new control layout on any server.

SpeedyG wrote:
It seems I've come back around too late. I'll check back within a couple of months to see if any interest to play this game has risen back up.

Most people seem to expect a lobby teaming with players to be available when its convenient for them. Its expected that everybody else is supposed to prop up the game so its served on a silver platter. A service, like XBLA, PSN, etc, that "serves" you.

Games reach a certain threshold where the number of active players are unable to maintain this level of convenience. Its very hard to get a game back over the hump again to where this is possible. Games were organized, mostly by "Snafu Organizer" for almost 3-4 years. We played a LOT of Tribes, but it took hard work, dedicatation by the players involved, and we all had to commit to connecting at pre-designated times to play. 98% of the time the master list was devoid of servers and activity, but during key times, matches were happening.

You are more than welcome to casually check this site every once and a while to see if other users have done the hard work for you, to give you the online experience you are seeking. Sorry if this sounds terse, but this site has been online since 2003, and many people have come to the site, voicing their opinion on what they feel "this site should provide to them", and they move on.

Don't get me wrong. Online gaming, is about Humans playing vs other Humans. You need a player base for online gaming to occur. However, given the state of affairs, everyone has to be involved. It requires extra effort every step of the way. You also need to understand if we have 7 people who are regular players, one person might have lost their memory card with their primary TAA save on it (like me... I simply cannot find this thing...but I will!), others may have moved and their PS2 is in a box, someone else might be having a baby right now, others might simply be playing a different game on the PS2 or even another platform (which is totally okay!), and others might have held the torch of Community Manager (a la Snafu) for quite a while and are taking a bit of a well deserved break from the week-in-week-out match scheduling.

You gotta be more patient and start to understand the hurdles of trying to preserve and continue to play a game such as this. You can also not be patient. Either way its up to you and we welcome you back whenever you want to try and get involved.

This makes total sense.

Fair enough. Keep me in mind. I'm still practicing against bots. I would love a match. Win or lose. Hehe.
 
Deez
rank 6
Posted:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:53 pm
quote : #5
profile : pm
Posts: 47
Type: VA
CHAT-TEST if I remember correctly. Man I miss that feature.
  _________________
<EX>1)EEZ ~|X|
Exiled Alliance
SpeedyG
rank 3
Posted:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:50 pm
quote : #6
profile : pm
Posts: 16
Type: NTSC-U/C
Deez wrote:
CHAT-TEST if I remember correctly. Man I miss that feature.


Yes sir. That was it!

Thank you. Cool

I suppose I won't be able to use that function with the current servers. No worries. It's still good to know.
 
jacobcak545
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:38 pm
quote : #7
profile : pm
Posts: 27
Type: Beijing
Adidas Shoes For Women
Cheap Hockey Jerseys
Nike Air Force
Wholesale Adidas
Cheap NBA Jerseys From China
NHL Jerseys
Cheap Jordans Wholesale
Cheap Custom MLB Jerseys
Louboutin
Cheap NBA Jerseys From China
Nike Outlet Store
Nike Shoes
Adidas NMD
Cheap NBA Jerseys
Pandora Charms
Nike Shoes
Nike Air Force 1 Women
MLB Jerseys
Nike Dunk
NFL Shop
Cheap Jerseys
Custom Jerseys
Wholesale NFL Jerseys
Jerseys Wholesale
Pandora Bracelet Charms
Nike Huarache Men
Wholesale Jordan Shoes From China
Cheap Jerseys
Cheap Jordan Shoes
Nikes Wholesale
Air Max 97
Jordan 11
Nike Air Force 1 Mid
NFL Shop Canada
Hockey Jerseys
Cheap NBA Jerseys
Nike Shox Women
Nike
Custom NHL Jerseys
Nike
NFL Gear
NFL Jerseys
Baseball Jerseys
Lebron Shoes
NBA Jerseys Wholesale
NFL Jerseys Cheap
Nike Store
Wholesale Jerseys China
Wholesale Jerseys
Cheap Jordan Shoes
Yeezy
Wholesale Jerseys
Nike Sneakers For Women
Nike Outlet
Cheap Jerseys From China
Nike Running Shoes For Women
Adidas Yeezy
NBA Jerseys Cheap
Wholesale Jordans
Wholesale Jerseys
NFL Jerseys
Cheap Jerseys
Jerseys Wholesale
Wholesale Jordans
Wholesale Adidas Shoes
Pandora Jewelry Official Site
Pandora
Nike Hyperdunk
Cheap Jerseys
NFL Jersey Sales
Pandora Ring
Nike Zoom
Cheap Jerseys
Cheap NFL Jerseys From China
Cheap Jordan Shoes
Pandora Jewelry
Nike UK
Nike Roshe
NFL Jerseys
Jordan 12
NFL Football Jerseys
Wholesale Jerseys China
Cheap Nike Shoes From China
Nike Outlet
Cheap Jerseys
Pandora Jewelry
NBA Store
Pandora Official Site
Pandora
Jerseys Cheapest
Adidas Outlet
MLB Jerseys Wholesale
Nike Air Max Men
Christian Louboutin
NHL Apparel
Pandora Jewelry
Cheap Nikes From China
Custom Jerseys Canada
Pandora Rings
Nike Air Jordan
NHL Jerseys Cheap
Nike Clearance
Christian Louboutin
MLB Store
Wholesale Jordans
MLB Jerseys
Cheap NFL Jerseys From China
Nike Metcon
Nike Running Shoes For Women
Nike Outlet Store Online Shopping
Adidas
Nike Epic React Flyknit
Cheap Jerseys China
Nike Wholesale
Fila Shoes For Women
NFL Gear
Roshe
Nike Free
Christian Louboutin Shoes
MLB Shop
Nike Shoes
Nike Air Max 270
NBA Jerseys
NBA Shirts
NFL Store
Nike Air Force 1s
Nike 270
NFL Jerseys
Yeezy Boost 350 V2
Adidas Trainers
Jordan 5
Jordan 1
NFL Jerseys Cheap
Nike Slippers
Air Jordan
Adidas China
Moncler UK
Wholesale Jordan
Cheap MLB Jerseys
New Jordans
Pandora Ring
Christian Louboutin
Football Jersey
NHL Store
Jordans Wholesale Suppliers
Wholesale Sneakers
Cheap Wholesale Nike Shoes And Clothing
NFL Jerseys
NFL Shop
Fjallraven Kanken Official Site
Jordan 4 Retro
Cheap Football Jerseys
Cheap Nike Shoes From China Wholesale
Nike Shoes For Women
Jordan Shoes From China
Pandora CZ Ring
Cheap Jerseys
Pandora Jewelry
Adidas Outlet Online
Nike Air Max 720
Wholesale NFL Jerseys
Off White x Nike
NFL Jerseys China
Nike Air Max 2019
Nike Huarache
Air Force 1
Nike Hyperdunk
Nike Black Friday
Wholesale Jordans
Wholesale Jerseys China
Nike Air Force 1 Low
Air Jordan 33
Cheap MLB Jerseys
Wholesale NFL Jerseys
Nike Outlet
Nike Outlet
Nike Zoom
Jordan Shoes
Cheap Jerseys
Cheap NHL Jerseys
Nike Outlet
Huaraches
Wholesale Nike Shoes
Pandora Jewelry Official Site
Air Jordan 33
Nike Outlet Store Online Shopping
Official NFL Shop
Wholesale Nike Shoes
Nike Outlet Store
Nike Air Force 1
  _________________
jacobcak545 jacobcak545
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Display:   
 
View previous topic - View next topic
Page Location: Home > Tribes Aerial Assault > Topic