Topic: PC or Console?!

Page 1 of 2
Cbot
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:27 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hello,I'm new here to this board.Very nice design btw.I wanted to ask you guys would it be crazy to shift from PC to console?Because the thinks I do mostly on my PC are listening to music,mpeg videos,surfing the web and collecting pics.I rarely burn cds on it(just to keep data).So whata re your opinion on this?

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:08 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Shift? As in change your focus? I do both, personally, and it's not too crazy at all... Confused

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:26 pm
quote : #3
PC's good, only because it can out-do a console anytime since it's constantly being upgraded.

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:42 pm
quote : #4
Yea thats true most of the time PC can outperform console. But it takes to much crap to play a game u have to make sure u have enough mem, video mem, processer speed ,etc.
At least with a console your good for about five years and all u gotta know is the console u have and buy a game for its that easy. I think its good your going more towards the console side of gaming. Gaming just feels so much better on a console It ues to be that online games were the main reason ppl picked PC over console but I think thats about 2 really change in the years to come hell its changing now Very Happy. An u were right about mainly listing to music and watchin moives it seems thats what most ppl do now with there PCs i know thats all i do.
Posted:
Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:29 pm
quote : #5
Yea SolidSnake brings up a lot of good points.

I have also talked about this in length, why I have found online console gaming to be so rewarding. Here is the #1 reason I think....

When you want to play a game on the PC, you have to close down all your other software. PC's typically are used for a multi-tasking environment. However when you want to playa game, you want as much resources availble for your game to run smooth, so you have to shut off all your other stuff or things you were working on to play the PC game. With a console you can just power it on, and start playing.

Console's are also more stable. When you buy a game for a console you know it will perform well. PC games constantly have to be tweaked. You have to make sure you have the right drivers installed and fix errors. Plus manufacturers str8 up lie out of their ass when it comes to the hardware requirements for PC games.

Take for instance....Tribes. On the PC Tribes 2 was released as notoriously buggy. It would crash constantly and it still is rather unstable....even after countless bug patches. Tribes AA on the PS2 runs butter smooth. Zero problems at all. No glitches no errors no driver incompatibilities. Stable performance everytime.

With online console gaming it is much more stable, and convenient. For those worried about the whole mouse and keyboard......to controller shift while playing First Person Shooters and such.....it jsut takes adjusting. I have found playing with the PS2 controller in FPS games extremly intuitive. It feels completly natural when I play a FPS with the PS2 controller. The dual analogs are really comfortable and are in the perfect position.
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:10 pm
quote : #6
I'm thinking of buying a PS2 for FFXI since I like it more on PS2.I still wish that I'd stop using my PC because I mostly do nothing on it beside play FFXI,surf the web,listen to music,movies and picture collecting.

Posted Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:13 pm:

Forgot to add that the only PC game I played like a crazy SOB was FFXI.The other PC games sucks really bad for me.I am more of a console game player than a PC gamer.

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:18 pm
quote : #7
Thats kool man i dont blame u either welcome to tha club.
Posted:
Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:29 pm
quote : #8
Loll thanks.I was suppose to do that back in 2002 but they took so much time releasing FFXI for PS2 and I ended up selling my PS2 and bought a PC(second PC) just for ffxi.

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:34 pm
quote : #9
Shocked sold ur PS2 get off these forms........... Mad lol
Posted:
Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:37 pm
quote : #10
That was in 2002,I wanted FFXI but they didn't say news about it and gave up on the PS2 version.But now,it's out with the HDD.I WANT IT!!

Metal_4evr
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:01 pm
quote : #11
I'd take a mouse and keyboard over the ps2 controller anyday. Maybe it's because I've been playing PC FPS since Doom but it just doesn't feel right to me. I've also gone through 1 controller on Socom 2 alone. I Take good care of my controlers but man do those analog sticks die quickly.

Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:17 pm
quote : #12
i like pc gaming personaly alot better, than console gaming. first if there is somthing wrong with like a frame rate in a console game your SOL (shit out of luck) but if that happens to you on a pc that means that you need more memory or a faster processor and second you cant even surf the web on a console, i know that you can with a dreamcast (c'mon sony get with the program). I play unreal tournament alot on my pc but when i played it for XBOX i was terribly dissapointed i dont know why but i was i guess that i was used to the mouse and keyboard thing and not the clunky XBOX controller ....

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:23 pm
quote : #13
Memphissss wrote:
i guess that i was used to the mouse and keyboard thing and not the clunky XBOX controller ....

I take it you don't like the Duke. Very Happy j/k

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:18 pm
quote : #14
well if a game was made for the PC of course its gona be better on that or seem better.... I have also played both and Unreal is pretty much the same. The only real difference is that the res is a little higher on PC. Control wise id take that bigass X-box controler over the keyboard anytime. The keyboard is ment for typin man not gaming most ppl that play PC games buy a controler.
Posted:
Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:51 pm
quote : #15
SolidSnake wrote:
well if a game was made for the PC of course its gona be better on that or seem better.... I have also played both and Unreal is pretty much the same. The only real difference is that the res is a little higher on PC. Control wise id take that bigass X-box controler over the keyboard anytime. The keyboard is ment for typin man not gaming most ppl that play PC games buy a controler.

Really? Every gamer I know uses a keyboard. No matter the game: FFXI, Counter-Strike, Quake, Doom, Tribes, etc. PC games were made for a keyboard + mouse, not a controller. Personally, I find it a hassle to set up a controller for any PC game, and then you can never get the sensitivity just right, or the game doesn't support all the buttons..