Page 2 of 2
Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:16 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
SolidSnake wrote:
The keyboard is ment for typin man not gaming most ppl that play PC games buy a controler.

Satoshi is right. Watch the show tournament on g4 and you'll see that the dont use controllers. Nost of the people that you see go those hardcore quake and unreal tounaments use their keyboard and mouse. Who do you think made the industry come out with opitical mice, "PC Gamers" the old "ball" couln't handel it. Plus that was the whole reason for the console to game with out two peripherals, just one, a controller ......

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:05 pm
quote : #17
I guess i just dont really see the keyboard as a controler i dont think of a PC as a gaming system maybe thats y when i game on the PC i use a controler. The keyboard just dosnt feel right i hate using the little arrow keys and dont say im not use to PC gaming because i was gaming on my PC back in the Team Fortress days which is still a tight game today. I use to play all the classics but consoles are almost as advanced as most PCs graphic wise if not more. How many ppl actually have a comp that can really out do a console that much I doubt there are very many out there. Iv said it once and ill say it again PC gaming is just to much trouble if u wanna run the newest games. Id rather take the slightly lower res console version over iffy PC version cuz theres no guarantee its gona look better OR EVEN RUN on your comp.
Posted:
Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:05 pm
quote : #18
Type: NTSC-U/C
On your comp maybe Razz

Arrow keys? Blech, those are awful for FPS's. Try the W, A, S, and D keys for FPS games, much better.

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:34 pm
quote : #19
uhh yea i think i know u can use those to move but they still suck for movement compared to analog sticks.

Posted Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:55 pm:

Quote:
Blech

And what the hell is that suppose to mean mommy dont let u cuss or what? Laughing
Posted:
Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:58 am
quote : #20
SolidSnake wrote:
uhh yea i think i know u can use those to move but they still suck for movement compared to analog sticks.

Posted Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:55 pm:

Quote:
Blech

And what the hell is that suppose to mean mommy dont let u cuss or what? Laughing

What else was I supposed to say? Any swear words wouldn't have worked in that sentence. Blech also shows my disgust with the arrow keys, something "damn" or "shit" cannot do.

Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:28 pm
quote : #21
BLECH!!

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:23 pm
quote : #22
lol ok blech Very Happy
Posted:
Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:37 pm
quote : #23
Quote:
I use to play all the classics but consoles are almost as advanced as most PCs graphic wise if not more.
I guess you haven't played any newer pc games on a high end graphics card then because console games get owned in all respects. (FPS, resolution, detail, anti aliasing etc.) I don't even want to get into controls...

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:47 pm
quote : #24
Notice he said: almost as advanced as
banned!
Posted:
Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:12 pm
quote : #25
Quote:
I guess you haven't played any newer pc games on a high end graphics card then because console games get owned in all respects.

My point exactly u gotta have a high end graphics card which the high end part the changes like every year if u want it lookin its best. But most ppl dont have hige end graphic cards or can even afford them. This is 1 reason y im my opinion console gaming is much better it gives every1 a chance 2 play new games that look good not just thos that have a suped up comp.
[/quote]
Posted:
Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:19 pm
quote : #26
you can usually wait like a year or even up to two, until your grapgics card is virtually useless for even the slowest of games. It just matters on how much memory you get in it ...... PC GAMING IS BETTER AND ALWAYS WILL BE IN THE GRAPHICS DEPARTMENT.

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:51 pm
quote : #27
We kno it CAN be better graphic wise but like u said about a year 2 at the most till your graphic card is useless. But console gaming at least u kno ull get a good 5years worth if not 6 and the games coming out later on in the year still look pretty impresive. Or atleast pretty close 2 high end PC graphics.
Posted:
Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:24 pm
quote : #28
SolidSnake wrote:
Quote:
I guess you haven't played any newer pc games on a high end graphics card then because console games get owned in all respects.

My point exactly u gotta have a high end graphics card which the high end part the changes like every year if u want it lookin its best. But most ppl dont have hige end graphic cards or can even afford them. This is 1 reason y im my opinion console gaming is much better it gives every1 a chance 2 play new games that look good not just thos that have a suped up comp.
[/quote]

High price? Not unless you're going for a full-blown ATI Radeon 9800, which'll cost you around $400. And even then, you don't seriously need that much power, unless you do video or 3D rendering. If you're a gamer, a significantly cheaper ATI Radeon 9600 is only $200. That's actually what I'm gonna get for my new PC that I'm building. Only about 4 weeks of work at the local AMC 30. Not bad.

Metal_4evr
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:44 pm
quote : #29
Quote:
Notice he said: almost as advanced as
I think I'll keep my Direct X9 and OpenGL thank you very much Smile . Don't get me wrong, I love to play older 2d games but If I had the choice between a console port of a PC game or the PC game itself I'd take the PC game any day. The Pc simply offers more more options.