Topic: EyeToy: Groove

Page 1 of 2
Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:28 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Due to the lack of Serious Sam everywhere I go and the poor online review by Nikon (meaning this one can wait for my co-op until we're done with current ones and it's more available,) I decided to buy EyeToy: Groove today. I have to agree with pretty much any review I've read. If you have EyeToy already then this is a nice addition to your collection, especially if you enjoyed Beat Freak. There's slightly more than just the regular game though. Aside from the few multiplayer modes with the regular game, there's also variations on it including one very much like Disco Stars. If you like corny dance music and hitting things in time to the beat on screen, try it out. I'm going through the songs to unlock the extras now on Hard mode. The Easy is too easy and the hard can be pretty hard, but I'm doing well enough on Hard to beat the presets with ease despite my feeling that I could do a lot better (and then when I am get into the dancing more than paying attention.) With so many songs though I don't know my favorite routine. My favorite thing on play was "Sing It Back" on Beat Freak and it got fairly memorized so to me this feels like a much needed expansion to one of the best games on Play. I'd like to see the EyeToy potential used more though, and it seems they're aiming towards that. Sorry GameStar, but if you actually put Next Encounter on shelves I would have gotten it instead.

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:44 pm
quote : #2
I have an EyeToy, it's a good work-out device for me. I'll check out groove and see how it is since you had such a positive appeal to it. Very Happy

Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:07 pm
quote : #3
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
I have an EyeToy, it's a good work-out device for me. I'll check out groove and see how it is since you had such a positive appeal to it. Very Happy

Only if you want a mix of Beat Freak and Disco Stars. I need to see if Dynamic mode gets harder than hard mode. I can always make up my own hard routines and save them though.

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:39 pm
quote : #4
I have a question about it though. Does it wear you out quickly? I got tired after a while on the first game from waving my arms everywhere. LOL Very Happy

Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:14 pm
quote : #5
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
I have a question about it though. Does it wear you out quickly? I got tired after a while on the first game from waving my arms everywhere. LOL Very Happy

Well it depends on the difficulty you do, how used to it you are, etc. I didn't really hurt until after a while but it might have just been the way the dance was. I find getting perfects less trying than getting misses. Try it with weights in your hands. Twisted Evil

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:21 am
quote : #6
LOL. I'll have to try that. Last time I injured myself when I waved my hand into the ceiling fan on accident while washing windows. Very Happy

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:19 am
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
LOL. I'll have to try that. Last time I injured myself when I waved my hand into the ceiling fan on accident while washing windows. Very Happy

Hahaha can you record yourself playing eyetoy? MAN that would have been hilarious to see.
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:54 am
quote : #8
lordnikon wrote:

Hahaha can you record yourself playing eyetoy? MAN that would have been hilarious to see.

Well, Groove has an extra special cool feature. While in the game, at certain points you either pose or freestyle. With pose you hit two little circles and it takes a picture. With freestyle you fool around to cool camera effects and it records. You can then watch it after without the effects and look stupid!

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:44 am
quote : #9
Depending on how much room you have on your PS2 memory card, you can record up to 1 min I believe of video. Advice: Never do it while you're drunk, it can come back on you. Very Happy LOL

Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:57 am
quote : #10
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
Depending on how much room you have on your PS2 memory card, you can record up to 1 min I believe of video. Advice: Never do it while you're drunk, it can come back on you. Very Happy LOL

Ya in the video messenger, but it takes up a lot of space for nothing.

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:59 am
quote : #11
It would be neat you could could use it as a web cam for the PS2, but I doubt that will happen for awhile.

Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:02 pm
quote : #12
I have to complete 3 more songs to unlock the rest. I'll probably just do them on easy. "Praise You" on Hard is pretty insane.

Posted Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:27 pm:

Here's the photos you look at after:

http://home.comcast.net/~apl213/EyeToy_Photos.wmv

2 megs... need WMP9

Tao
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:20 pm
quote : #13
Good news for Eyetoy owners--Sega will be releasing something aptly titled 'Sega Superstars' which features Virtua Fighter, Samba De Amigo, Sonic, and others. Click here.

Here is the first screen

Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:54 pm
quote : #14
Looks cool. Kind of like a Sega-fied play. I want some full games that you don't see yourself though.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:44 pm
quote : #15
Type: NTSC-U/C
Tao wrote:
Good news for Eyetoy owners--Sega will be releasing something aptly titled 'Sega Superstars' which features Virtua Fighter, Samba De Amigo, Sonic, and others. Click here.

Here is the first screen

Yea I saw that I was like....OMFG SEGA!!!!!!!!!