satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:19 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Memphissss wrote:
Im confused about all of this so what does that software do again. From what i get and i dont get much, Does it act like a cache for the PS2? You know store files so that it can access them from a local host just like google .....

No, it's just a frame at top that controls the PS2 browser ('cause apparently there's no URL bar for it) to allow one to go to different sites. I don't think there is a cache (and am personally happy for that, as I hate going to a page and seeing an older version, decieved by the damn copy on my harddrive to "speed up loading times," though I do understand that it helps dial-up users...), 'cause it would have to be built into the PS2's browser, and I haven't read anything about that yet...

maciver
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:55 pm
quote : #17
It works great for the PAL PS2 and from what I hear there is a NEW network adapter setup disk that has the ability to access an IP address if you set it to the one on the site you can surf, I dont know for sure because I dont have the brand new disk... I have ordered the jap. browser disk for roughly $58 us I will give it to a good friend of mine to see if he can work on a us ver. there is a software packet lurking on the internet that allows self booting ps2 games, it is very buggy from what I hear and only works on 1 type of disk I have heard it is for the 1st year blue bottoms but I cannot verify if this is fact then it is possible for a translation to be made bootable without a mod. When I know for sure I will notify you all...

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Sat May 01, 2004 7:25 am
quote : #18
Type: NTSC-U/C
PAL.. Nothing on that site said PAL. So I go home, plug in the IP, and it just says "you are now connected for online gaming." PAL.... -_-