Topic: modded ps2

Page 1 of 1
auron21
rank 2
Posted:
Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:29 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
does anyone know if u can play ff11 on a modded ps2? i heard that u cudnt just wanting to find out
Posted:
Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:15 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
From what I understand Sony's Authentication system, DNAS will detect that your system is modified and not allow you to play games online with a modded system.

This what I have heard though, so I can't confirm 100%.
rank 16
Posted:
Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:58 pm
quote : #3
You can install a jumper on your mod chip what ever kind you have that will allow you to turn it on and off. When the jumper is set to the off position the mod chip is totaly invisible to the DNAS athentication ....
Link to the how to(Watch the lil' video its a little more explanitory) I Know it's an XBOX but its the same theroy .....

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:35 am
quote : #4
lordnikon wrote:
From what I understand Sony's Authentication system, DNAS will detect that your system is modified and not allow you to play games online with a modded system.

This what I have heard though, so I can't confirm 100%.

I've heard the same thing and would not be shocked if Sony did. MS is doing the same thing with the Xbox and banning people from XBL that have modded consoles.

Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:47 am
quote : #5
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:

I've heard the same thing and would not be shocked if Sony did. MS is doing the same thing with the Xbox and banning people from XBL that have modded consoles.

Memphissss wrote:
You can install a jumper on your mod chip what ever kind you have that will allow you to turn it on and off. When the jumper is set to the off position the mod chip is totaly invisible to the DNAS athentication ....
Link to the how to(Watch the lil' video its a little more explanitory) I Know it's an XBOX but its the same theroy .....

This will help you ^ (hint hint click on the link)

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:37 pm
quote : #6
At least DNAS doesn't ban you (I don't think anyway). I've heard stories about how it didn't work on a modded PS2 (with SOCOM II, or any other DNAS enabled game), but then once the modchip was taken out, it worked fine. Bad Microsoft, bad.

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:36 pm
quote : #7
Outside of the windows i really dont like microsoft y cant they keep there noses in PC buisness and leave console gamers alone. At least like some 1 already said that Sony dosnt ban u like microsoft does.
Posted:
Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:46 pm
quote : #8
SolidSnake wrote:
Outside of the windows i really dont like microsoft y cant they keep there noses in PC buisness and leave console gamers alone. At least like some 1 already said that Sony dosnt ban u like microsoft does.

You like M$ for windows? Bah, I hate them all around. Software, "hardware," their business tactics, it all makes me sick. Once I build my own computer, good bye Windows! HELLOOOOO Linux!

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:37 pm
quote : #9
satoshi wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:

You like M$ for windows? Bah, I hate them all around. Software, "hardware," their business tactics, it all makes me sick. Once I build my own computer, good bye Windows! HELLOOOOO Linux!

Wow, someone has some hate in them. Everybody has their faults, but then you have to respect them at the same time.

Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:10 pm
quote : #10
satoshi wrote:

I like macs a whole lot better than pc's cause the interface is a whole lot cleaner plus not as many viruses for macs .....

maciver
rank 4
Posted:
Sat May 01, 2004 12:35 am
quote : #11
There is a ps2 chip that is flash upgradeable to keep ahead of the Anti-Mod software the website www.premods.com sells them and does installs it had a website that has the new software on it when sony finds a way to defeat it they pop out a downloadable upgrade you burn it to cd and place in your ps2 and it adds the upgrade to the chip and it has a special backup copy of its software on chip to prevent sony from messing up its programming or if you mess up the upgrade it goes back to the last working ver. and it sure beats replacing chips all the time due to new antimod games/online play...
Posted:
Sat May 01, 2004 7:17 am
quote : #12
Memphissss wrote:
satoshi wrote:

I like macs a whole lot better than pc's cause the interface is a whole lot cleaner plus not as many viruses for macs .....

If I had a Mac, however, I would definatly go with OS X. But I don't have a Mac, and I feel more comfortable inside a PC than I do a Mac.

Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Sat May 01, 2004 10:29 pm
quote : #13
satoshi wrote:
If I had a Mac, however, I would definatly go with OS X. But I don't have a Mac, and I feel more comfortable inside a PC than I do a Mac.

yeah i like the interface on macs they look real GQ like, like they are ment for like rich people onl. Well as ,uch as they cost they probably are ......

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Sun May 02, 2004 8:53 am
quote : #14
maciver wrote:
There is a ps2 chip that is flash upgradeable to keep ahead of the Anti-Mod software the website www.premods.com sells them and does installs it had a website that has the new software on it when sony finds a way to defeat it they pop out a downloadable upgrade you burn it to cd and place in your ps2 and it adds the upgrade to the chip and it has a special backup copy of its software on chip to prevent sony from messing up its programming or if you mess up the upgrade it goes back to the last working ver. and it sure beats replacing chips all the time due to new antimod games/online play...

Wow, that's cool. I would like to have my PS2 modded considering all the good games that are offered overseas, but xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxx xxx xxxx. Confused

(admin notice: watch the flaming)

snipersnake
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:48 pm
quote : #15
but the original messiah powers down itself after the sucsessfull boot...like mine Wink