Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:18 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

Currently in development for playstation 2, Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest is an action RPG set within the realm of the ever popular Everquest Universe.

You can fuly customize your characters appearance. The level maps have been designed so that they will randomly generate, creating a different experience each time. It looks as if the game will be base don character development. Seeing as how Sony Online promotes the game as having over 100 hours of playing time. The character models in Champions of Norrath feature 3 times more polygons than they did in Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance.

The most interesting news about this game is that it will be online and playable with up to for players at once. There will by NO SUBSCRIPTION FEE. It will be shipped in November on a Dual Layered DVD.

Want the full low down on this game? checkk out the official website here.

rank 9
Posted:
Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:25 pm
quote : #2
Kool i wasnt ever gonna buy everquest as long as they charged for play online .. i cant see it with any gaame i mean especiaally when you have to buy the game.. then pay for ur isp ( i never do im always on a free one) but still..... paying for online gaming sux. I'll be gettin this new one for sure thanks for the info Smile
Posted:
Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:16 am
quote : #3
HELL YEAH. i wasn't about to spend 20$ a month for the first Everquest. PLUS i heard it sucked anyway. Because for like the 1st month or so ur just gonna be figthing of little animals until u actually have some type of skill. O well, no matter what. im getting this one.
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:41 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
yea i already pay for playing Phantasy Star Online on gamecube. These companies need to realize they can't all start charging fees for these types of games. They need to optimmize the gameplay so its more user to user based gameplay. Rather than depending on a stack of servers. I can understand games like everquest and pso require large amounts of processing power to handle the online environments and people. There are only so many gamers out there. If the market becomes over saturated with pay for play games, then people are gonna have to choose one over the other.

The fact that this new everquest game has no charges, means anyone can pick it up and start playing. Budgeting ones time, is much more realistic than, budgeting ones wallet. Smile