lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed May 12, 2004 3:13 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Defending against the spectre special:

Spectre is a huge favorite in TMB:O, primarily because of it's special weapon, the homing ghost missle. In relics mode, spectre players love to grab the Special relic, and stock up on 4-5 specials over time, then unleash them all on an opponent at once.

Grab the 'Evade' relic. This way his missle can't home in one you and is rendered useless. I was using it last night and it basically CRUSHES their strategy leaving many spectre players completly lost as to what is going on.

---

When playing in a relics game, watch out for the Slayer relic, all weapons will do DOUBLE DAMAGE. If your in a relics game and someone is owning you rediculiously, its prolly cause they have the Slayer relic. It's a huge red skull.

To combat this you can use a variety of relics. The best is the Relic buster which will cause the opponent to drop whatever relic that have. Or you can use the backlash relic which will cause whatever damage they are doing to you, back onto them. Which is pretty cool because they in essence kill themselves by attacking you.

Last edited by lordnikon on Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
rank 16
Posted:
Wed May 12, 2004 3:40 am
quote : #2
good to know. gotta love those relics.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:31 pm
quote : #3
The one relic I entirely avoid is the Demolition relic. I still can't figure out what advantage this holds outside of the Carnage mode. Does the area effect damage extend the radial effect of weapon attacks? I pick it up every few games and use it but I can't gauge a way to tell if the relic is doing anything. If anyone knows more in detail about what this relic really does in the heat of battle, I'd love to know.
rank 38
Posted:
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:58 pm
quote : #4
Perhaps it extends the splash damage of weapons? That is the only explanation I can surmise from reading the Relics guide. We would need to conduct an experiment to be certain.