Page Location: Home > Tribes Aerial Assault > Topic
1, 2  Next
ONESHOT2004
rank 3
Posted:
Wed May 12, 2004 2:43 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
ima bout to get this game but i have never every played tribes. i might download 1 and 2 since there free now but right now i need to no how to play the damn game.

DietGarfield
rank 11
Posted:
Wed May 12, 2004 2:59 pm
quote : #2
i thought they were on free on the 4th... oh well

1- www.tribesaa.com -> loading section

2- play in AADS (the servers with the arrows next to is)

3- shoot the things with the red arrows

4- dont teamkill

5- repairing yourself while getting shot at is noob-like

6- dont try to get in a vehicle with the flag... you cant in AADS
rank 3
Posted:
Wed May 12, 2004 3:02 pm
quote : #3
AADD? aerial assult dedicated server?
any way i check that website

Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Wed May 12, 2004 9:10 pm
quote : #4
DietGarfield wrote:

5- repairing yourself while getting shot at is noob-like

I do this when i have the flag so that i dont die so easy. I guess I'm a noob .....

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Wed May 12, 2004 10:48 pm
quote : #5
I would think that would be a smart move not noob.
Posted:
Thu May 13, 2004 1:46 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
SolidSnake wrote:
I would think that would be a smart move not noob.

Its seen as dishonerable. Kinda like picking up the full health pickups in Twisted Metal Black Online. It's just really really cheap. In AADS servers some people try it but get killed really fast because settings have been adjusted to prevent fast repairs on caps. In ps2 hosted games however its kinda cheap.

Regardless of how you feel on the matter if you do it, you risk getting vote kicked from a game. Overall its seen as dis-honerable.

Plus using a repair pack is not as smart as using an Energy pack. Energy pack will get you from base to base 1 million times faster than a repair pack. Repair pack uses your energy pack so you won't be able to go anywhere, and you'll get owned pretty fast trying to scamper around on the ground. A fighter or light-armor will track you down in 2 seconds.

Posted Thu May 13, 2004 2:50 am:

ONESHOT2004 wrote:
ima bout to get this game but i have never every played tribes. i might download 1 and 2 since there free now but right now i need to no how to play the damn game.

I think anyone here would be more than happy to give you a tutorial session on how to play the game. Showing you buttons and some strategies. I would be more than happy to give you the run down online if you have a PC nearby or a headset connected to your PC over teamspeak.

There are a lot of different things involved like setting up turrets and sensors, repairing, using the new expert-a or expert-b control schemes as well as what all the barrel attatchments do.

You can kinda figure this out on your own, however I highly advise starting some practice rounds offline to get the hang of it, as well as asking us some questions. Once your comfortable hop online and start playing. You'll start picking up stuff in no-time.

Also don't get discouraged. Takes a good few days before you start ranking in the upper 50% ladders.
rank 3
Posted:
Fri May 14, 2004 5:48 am
quote : #7
lol it says goodbye halo on it

martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Fri May 14, 2004 10:00 am
quote : #8
ONESHOT2004 wrote:

It's good that you asked, because Tribes is definitely not a "pick up, run and gun" sort of game like Quake is. You really need to know how things work (I'm still learning myself).

The quickest way to get the basics down is, in my opinion, to go through the first few built-in "tutorial" missions in the one-player game. A voice will guide you through the basics and make you execute each thing before moving on; it's very basic and will give you the base knowledge that you need.

After that, a real tutorial by a real person would, I'm sure, be very helpful. Their insight could also probably give you some details and "tricks" that you wouldn't be able to find anywhere else. If you can take nikon up on his offer, definitely do. But first, it'd probably be helpful to both of you if you ran through the tutorials.

Good luck and maybe I'll see you online.
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon May 17, 2004 11:14 am
quote : #9
ONESHOT2004 wrote:

Yea lol at first I kinda laughed at that myself. But then when I got it online, started playing...and the drool was dripping on my shirt while staring at the TV....I sat their thinking....ok wait yea that claim is justified. Its funny cause at the MLG even like last october, all the Halo players were peaking in at the PS2 players on TribesAA at the event.
rank 8
Posted:
Tue May 25, 2004 8:44 am
quote : #10
ONESHOT2004 wrote:

and you think thats a joke BOY!?!?!? Evil or Very Mad

j/k Very Happy
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
I <3 Lord Nikon! Smile
ONESHOT2004
rank 3
Posted:
Thu May 27, 2004 5:47 am
quote : #11
lol. btw how many of you use team speak for tribes

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri May 28, 2004 10:31 pm
quote : #12
I use teamspeak during tribes if people here are using it. So far I have only used teamspeak once with DietGarfield in a game of FireWarrior. However I am planning on using it when and if people want to in future tribesAA games :] It works great.
rank 39
Posted:
Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:52 pm
quote : #13
i woupd be up for some teamspeak and tribes. let me know when we are running a server and teamspeak.. i ll have yo download teamspeak now.
Posted:
Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:23 pm
quote : #14
I'm about to buy it do. I've always been hesitant, for I feared that at this stage in the game, it wouldn't have much online support left. Alas, I was wrong. So, I will be seeing you fine people online...soon.
Posted:
Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:31 pm
quote : #15
SephirothVII wrote:
I'm about to buy it do. I've always been hesitant, for I feared that at this stage in the game, it wouldn't have much online support left. Alas, I was wrong. So, I will be seeing you fine people online...soon.

its far from dyin, its just gettin started.

*High Score on SWBF* 89 Kills -12 Deaths -19 Captures
Total Time Played: 6 hours and 48 minutes
Total Games: 67
Kills: 722
Deaths: 150