lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:19 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
SephirothVII wrote:
I'm about to buy it do. I've always been hesitant, for I feared that at this stage in the game, it wouldn't have much online support left. Alas, I was wrong. So, I will be seeing you fine people online...soon.

LOL I just checked right now, and there are 42 servers online with 99 players playing. TribesAA is far from dead and will never die. The dedicated community is too strong.
rank 24
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:48 pm
quote : #17
These are all great tips, so I had a chance to, for the first time, try out Tribes: Aerial Assault today and see how everything went. Awesome game, but man is the learning curve steep. I only know the bare basics from those training levels in Campaign, but this game is a lot of fun. I don't expect to go online anytime soon, until I get better offline in the missions. The game's been here forever, it seems, because I was hesitant to try it out due to everything you need to learn about the game. I am still pretty lost, but I will get the hang of things as time goes on. I don't know why I didn't try this game sooner, especially with all the praise it's gotten here at OC. Sad
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:53 pm
quote : #18
Yea there are a lot of variables involved like, all the weapons, vehicles, grenades, reserving your energy and learning how the gravity works. But thats what makes the game so great. Once you get it all figured out, it's like second nature. We all went through this process of figuring the game out. But it's not too hard to do. Glad you finally tried the game out Very Happy
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:58 pm
quote : #19
Michael: Just persevere with T:AA and you'll start to enjoy it more (especially online!). As Nikon said, we all had to earn our mad skillz0rz, so don't be discouraged.

-Mytho
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:09 pm
quote : #20
Thanks for the reassurance, guys. I'm just kinda mad at myself for not playing this game sooner so that I would've learned sooner and then be playing online sooner. Laughing

(I had the game since June, but didn't touch it or even open it until today.)
Posted:
Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:28 am
quote : #21
well... EVERYONE has troubles with the game when they're new. its not like everyother game. thats why iv played it for so long.

i wouldnt suggest playing the campaign, because its tough. but play the bots.

if you want any training or somthing, just give me a holler... or any of the other oc guys.
rank 23
Posted:
Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:16 am
quote : #22
I remembver my first time on I thought I wouldn't do boring training and just go straight online. Then I was like whoa what's that beam repairing the stations?!?!?! So I tried equiping a repair pack and couldn't use it. Then I learned how in the training and thought I'd make a great repairer as a position. Rolling Eyes

Freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:29 am
quote : #23
Halo is a better game by far, i own both these games and i can make a good comparison of the 2 fairly. Halo 2 is even better Surprised)

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:48 am
quote : #24
Freshcut_t70 wrote:
Halo is a better game by far, i own both these games and i can make a good comparison of the 2 fairly. Halo 2 is even better Surprised)

Last I checked, this thread wasn't about Halo...

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:57 am
quote : #25
satoshi wrote:
Last I checked, this thread wasn't about Halo...

No kidding. Let's keep this on-topic, and if you want to discuss Halo, make a thread about it.

-Mytho