Page Location: Home > Armored Core > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon May 17, 2004 11:23 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok so here is the deal. Armored Core Nexus now has a release date set sometime within August of this year. Thats 2 and a half months a way people.

The game is VERIFIED to have LAN capabilities as well as i.Link

It will be the largest AC game to date, with updated support for dual analogs.

I have gotten word that Agetec employees are currently testing tunneling software to see if they can get the game to tunnel online via a PC on the local network. This would point to the game NOT BEING ONLINE.

I don't think the game will be online I don't believe Agetec has the ability to re-write the game to support a central server.

In the end I just hope the data being sent between 2 systems will allow for lag free 1 vs 1 gameplay. Or atleast relativly lag free.

I have been talking at Ravens Nest and aconline forums drudging up some information.

More as it comes in.

Posted Mon May 17, 2004 12:43 pm:

UPDATE: Scrap what I said about it not being online. Just read a thread about confirmed information about Nexus. It probobly won't be officially online. However Japan AC players are already playing Nexus online tunneled, and it is lag-free!!!!!

So there you have it:

AC: Nexus is confirmed LAN compatible.

AC: Nexus is confirmed lag-free online via Tunneling.

The ultimate mech sim series ever hits the net this August.

Prepare yourselves.

WARNING: If you don't know what Armored Core is, or the series its a Mech-Robot simulation game. It involves building custom highly detail mech's from scratch via a credit system aquired from completing offline missions and arena battles. This is a highly complex game with trillions of possible mech combinations and hundreds upon hundreds of upgradable mech parts. Armored Core is not for the casual gamer.

Last edited by lordnikon on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:15 am; edited 2 times in total
rank 7
Posted:
Mon May 17, 2004 8:55 pm
quote : #2
Great news!
Quote:
However Japan AC players are already playing Nexus online tunneled, and it is lag-free!!!!!
That means almost nothing to us North Americans because the Japanese have greater bandwidth/connection speed...

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Tue May 18, 2004 12:51 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
I used to play a demo for one of the AC games on my neighbor's old PS1 several years ago. Man that was fun. I'll definatly be picking this game up, especially with the included LAN play.

Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Tue May 18, 2004 2:11 pm
quote : #4
I still suck at it. Get me my Dualogs and I'm set which it looks like we'll have. I won't get this upon release though. I'm not one for $50 games.

MasterChief
rank 16
Posted:
Wed May 19, 2004 12:27 am
quote : #5
count me in on picking up this game. way fun on the ps1. i better get a previous version to get up to speed.
any older AC game you can recomend nikon?

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
Metal_4evr
rank 7
Posted:
Wed May 19, 2004 6:24 pm
quote : #6
Get AC 3 Silent Line