Topic: ICS compatability

Page 2 of 2
Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:35 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
rainbow six three is 3 on 3 so dont get worked up, and socom works either way when they talk or they dont. just try to go in rooms that have less people like 5 on 5 any more and it will total lag.

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:53 am
quote : #17
Yes vioce will work fine most of the time on Socom with 4on4 I wouldnt recomend hosting tho. But iv noticed alot of ppl that lag are on cable connections well atleast the few i have asked.
Posted:
Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:48 pm
quote : #18
Type: NTSC-U/C
Metal_4evr wrote:
Socom 2 online play has turned to shit because it ALWAYS lags.

I'd have to agree with the sucky connection. I get no lag whatsoever in SOCOM II. And this is with my brother playing Tribes 2 (hosting a server no less) on one computer, and my other brother playing StarCraft or Quake II on the other computer.

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:46 pm
quote : #19
Hell yea man me and my cuzs all play socom on 1 routher and there is hardly any lag.

Posted Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:46 pm:

-router
Posted:
Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:03 pm
quote : #20
i got no lag when i was playing with my cousins, with two ps2's on two different TV's all while surfing the internet on my sis's wireless laptop, even when i was streaming video from ign and gamespot, all on a router.

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:02 pm
quote : #21
i connected a crossover cable from my network card to my ps2 and sometimes i see thaty it says cable unplugged. but when i view my connection it says connection shared. Is mine ready to go. and how do i connect to a broadband only game after i have my computer connected to the internet? any help would be great.
Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:25 am
quote : #22
Yea it does that u usualy have to connect twice with your ps2 till u get connceted i dont kno y u have to do this but try it twice in a row and it should work the second time u try to connect.
Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:28 am
quote : #23
its kinda more of a pain on socom 2 than it is on the orginal socom. cause there is loading and a bunch of stuff before you can get to the main menu. an i sometimes get those 'Network cable is unplugged' messages on my ps2, i think its because i use a patch cable but does anyone know the real answer.

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:24 pm
quote : #24
Ive tried socom 2 and socom 1 over ics and found out that socom 1 runs better with less lag.. I could even join some rooms with 16 ppl in it and run ok... I also found that respawn rooms in socom 2 has less lag for me...

Rainbow six 3 works great with ics if you get a good connection to the host.

Splinter cell has to be the best shooter to run on ics its onlye 2v2 and has no lag with ics.

Moh works good with ics if you keep it with less than 6 ppl.

i found voice chat to work with all of these,

im scheduled to have broadband in my area in august. i will have to stick with ics till then.
Posted:
Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:03 pm
quote : #25
cool, but u dont have to go bb all at once. It seems u got everything right were ur at with ICS on dialup.

*High Score on SWBF* 89 Kills -12 Deaths -19 Captures
Total Time Played: 6 hours and 48 minutes
Total Games: 67
Kills: 722
Deaths: 150
satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:16 pm
quote : #26
Type: NTSC-U/C
Spidhopddy wrote:
cool, but u dont have to go bb all at once. It seems u got everything right were ur at with ICS on dialup.

But if he's gonna get it eventually, why not pay for it when it comes? Besides, he can use it for more than gaming too.

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:34 pm
quote : #27
right. ICS is only a solution if you dont have broadband. With bb the games would run better with more ppl. and i would be able to download and load stuff faster with my computer.