Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
1, 2  Next
darkjedi
rank 2
Posted:
Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:12 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Just out of curiosity what is the most diffcult game out there ?

-darkjedi
Posted:
Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:04 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
It may not take the cake but , Shinobi was starting to get to me. still have'nt beat that game!
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:17 pm
quote : #3
DaMan wrote:
It may not take the cake but , Shinobi was starting to get to me. still have'nt beat that game!

Yea Shinobi and Nightshade are probobly 2 of the most difficult games on the PS2. Well worth the money.
banned!
Posted:
Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:06 am
quote : #4
I think one game that should get mentioned is MDK2, i had this game on the Dreamcast and it will test your patience more than anything. Its a real good game and i heard that not much was changed in the porting to the PS2. I ran a poll in the DC section and only one guy claimed to have beat it.

MasterChief
rank 16
Posted:
Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:40 am
quote : #5
i got this game for dc a few days ago, and its already starting to tick me off.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
darkjedi
rank 2
Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:07 am
quote : #6
thx for the replies i jus got shinobi yesterday so far so good Wink

-darkjedi
Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:10 am
quote : #7
A lot of people thought Jak II was hard, but I breezed through it in a day and a half. Very Happy

-Mytho
Posted:
Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:17 pm
quote : #8
I still can't beat this shark motherfucker in viewtiful joe 1 and it frustrates the heck outta me when I read through online stratgies and they say,"he is really the easiest boss in the game"..Well why can't I beat him???
Posted:
Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:37 pm
quote : #9
I just recently bought Viewtiful Joe 1. I own 2, but didn't play it yet since I wanted to play through the original first. When I play through VJ1 I will let you know if and when I beat the shark guy, and will pass along any tips.
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:02 pm
quote : #10
It's pretty sad because it's not a very difficult game at all, but the only game that I have ever broken a controller while playing was Tony Hawk's American Wasteland. It was at the mission in East LA where you have to do a nollie off of a rooptop onto a giant wooden ramp and land facing the street. I don't know how many times I tried that damn jump.

I don't know what came over me, but I got so mad that I twisted the Dual Shock 2 like it was a NegCon, shearing it entirely until it was only connected by a couple wires from the cord. That outburst cost me $25.

I took a breather, pulled out my Logitech controller, and jumped it perfect the first time.

Other than that, the hardest game for me that I own is probably Silpheed, because even though i love shooters, I'm terrible at them.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:11 pm
quote : #11
Einhander wrote:
Other than that, the hardest game for me that I own is probably Silpheed, because even though i love shooters, I'm terrible at them.

Watch out for Gradius V then Wink. Silpheed is super easy compared to it.
rank 27
Posted:
Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:32 pm
quote : #12
lordnikon wrote:
I just recently bought Viewtiful Joe 1. I own 2, but didn't play it yet since I wanted to play through the original first. When I play through VJ1 I will let you know if and when I beat the shark guy, and will pass along any tips.
make sure to stick on adult difficulty like I did
Posted:
Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:34 pm
quote : #13
Where is adult difficulty level in the range of settings. Is that above normal? or below? I havn't cracked the shrinkwrap on these titles yet.
rank 27
Posted:
Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:40 pm
quote : #14
lordnikon wrote:
Where is adult difficulty level in the range of settings. Is that above normal? or below? I havn't cracked the shrinkwrap on these titles yet.
Yup its above the normal difficulty and I think its by that name but I cant quite rember as I haven't pulled it out in a minute....and I STILL AINT BEAT THAT SHARK!
Posted:
Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:11 pm
quote : #15
Found this through the random topic generator and instantly thought of a PS2 game that has been busting my balls off and on for several months now: Chaos Legion. I was not prepared for the sheer brutality of this game.

It starts off simple enough, but before long, Capcom drags you kicking and screaming, holding your feet to the fire until you either relent or develop a taste for masochism. The main source of difficulty comes from picking the right legions, or summons, you use in each level. If you don't pick the right combination, you'll barely make a dent fighting the enemies.

Even if you figure out the right combination for each level, victory isn't assured. The main character of the game, Sieg, is about as durable as a wet napkin in later levels. The hordes of enemies can often tear Sieg apart within 3-5 hits if you act carelessly. Your legions are also subject to a swift defeat if you don't keep an eye on them.