Topic: Fighters

Page 1 of 2
Rahbitt23
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:43 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Ok, heres something that I always wanted to know.........

Whats the best Fighting Game to date?

I say street figther alpha 2...... and also the first Battle Arena Toshinden.......

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:45 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
It all comes down to personal opinion really.
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:39 am
quote : #3
Yea it is opinion, and personally i like Capcom vs. SNK da first one.

*High Score on SWBF* 89 Kills -12 Deaths -19 Captures
Total Time Played: 6 hours and 48 minutes
Total Games: 67
Kills: 722
Deaths: 150
TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:00 am
quote : #4
I really enjoyed Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves for NeoGeo and Dreamcast. The game looks extremely fluid and the fighting is intense and hard-hitting.

But if your thinking of what started the fighting craze, that would be Street Fighter II.

-Mytho
Posted:
Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:41 am
quote : #5
lordnikon wrote:
It all comes down to personal opinion really.

Very true. And another thing to consider is whether you like 3D or 2D stuff.

My personal favorite 2D fighting game will always be Street Fighter II (World Warrior, Champion, or Turbo, but not Super), but I do really appreciate a lot of others. It may seem sort of shallow, but I really appreciate games with huge rosters of characters. Marvel vs. Capcom was always a little too "over the top" for me, but MVC 2 was alright mostly because there was such a huge roster of unlockable characters. I am really looking forward to SNK vs. Capcom: Chaos. The King of Fighter games of course are always worth your time. And if you want some really goofy (and accessible to anyone, especially non-hardcore gamers) 2D fighting, definitely take a look at Pocket Fighter. It's cute, hilarious, and a lot of fun (with tons of cameos from Capcom characters). It's available for PS1 in both US and JP versions, and for Saturn (slightly better animation) as a JP import only.

If you're going 3D, I would definitely say Soul Calibur and/or Soul Calibur II. I love Dead or Alive and a few others, but nothing can touch Soul Calibur. If you're looking for SC II, you should know that it's selling for between $14.99 and $19.99 brand new for PS2, GameCube, and Xbox, so if you've been holding off on getting it, now's the time. Bear in mind that the Xbox version looks best, GameCube version is next best looking, and PS2 version looks the worst and has the worst (10+ seconds vs. 3 seconds) loading times. It may seem strange to say that the GameCube version looks better than the PS2 version, but trust me it's true. Of course all three versions are awesome and each has its own individual special character (Heihachi on PS2, Link on GameCube, and Spawn on Xbox). And, if you own a Dreamcast and don't already own Soul Calibur (the original), you should be ashamed of yourself. Very Happy
Spidhopddy
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:18 am
quote : #6
how was Soul Caliber 2, my friends gave me a bunch of mixed reviews for it. I have the original for Dreamcast and love it, but i didnt want to pay $50 for a game that certain people liked and disliked. But hey for $20 bucks it could be a purchase.

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:50 am
quote : #7
SC2 is pretty much more of the same thing. If you have a GameCube or Xbox, get it for systems; the PS2 version is plagued with slowdown.

-Mytho
Posted:
Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:30 pm
quote : #8
i'll try to pick it up for the xbox sometime this month.

MasterChief
rank 16
Posted:
Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:37 pm
quote : #9
yeah the xbox version is sweet. spawn is a bad ass. but the cubers got link, and he looks cool too.

ive personally been playing heavy metal geomatrix for DC lately. very underrated. im ofcoarse a fan of the snk fighters. and svc chaos is gonna own. but id say the best current fighter for the ps2 is virtua fighter evolution. real deep, but the casual gamer like myself can still have a good time.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:59 pm
quote : #10
Oh, I should mention that the "King of Fighters 2001 & 2002" package for PS2 is also not all that great. Both of them seem like they're missing a lot of frames of animation. And I know it shouldn't matter, but it should at least be noted that Mai doesn't "move" at all anymore.
SephirothVII
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:52 pm
quote : #11
Wheres my Guilty Gear X2 love?

Seriously, if you haven't, give GGX2 a look, it's just...awesome...And it's going online with the X Box Sad Here's hoping that the 4 player Isuka is online on PS2.
Posted:
Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:13 am
quote : #12
oh hell yeah. much love for guilty gear. ive only played ggx, but im sure 2 is jsut as bad ass. and im really looking forward to the online 2d fighting goodness thats coming to the xbox. sony better catch up!

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
CGMANN99
rank 6
Posted:
Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:10 pm
quote : #13
MasterChief wrote:

ive personally been playing heavy metal geomatrix for DC lately. very underrated. but id say the best current fighter for the ps2 is virtua fighter evolution. real deep, but the casual gamer like myself can still have a good time.

I Definitely agree iwth you on those two opinions. I'll even go as far as saying VF4: evolution blows away most all fighiting games except the Soul calibur series.
Posted:
Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:36 pm
quote : #14
MasterChief wrote:
oh hell yeah. much love for guilty gear. ive only played ggx, but im sure 2 is jsut as bad ass. and im really looking forward to the online 2d fighting goodness thats coming to the xbox. sony better catch up!

Yea Sony is already behind with the recent online fighter release like Capcom vs SNK EO for the Xbox

SephirothVII
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:11 pm
quote : #15
If anyone plays SvC EO online...Are people allowed to use EO mode? If so, I don't think I would ever play. Whoever's idea EO mode was, needs to be shot.