Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:43 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

Ubisoft formed a specific PS2 team to develop the game for the PS2 platform. The graphics engine and script engine have been re-writen to make it run fast and smooth on the PS2. Players will be able to play the game over LAN or over the internet. Which is a huge plus for gamers looking to preserve a game they love if the company ceases to support the game. LAN is good! The game wil feature full headset support as well and allow you to speak with all 4 players within a lobby to discuss strategies.

The PS2 version will not support any future downloadable content.

Even more interesting enough, Ubisoft has take steps to prevent cheating:

"We made cheating by disconnecting more difficult on PS2, and in the case it would remain possible, we can't tell you what we did, but we worked on this major issue for the fun of the players. An innovation we brought is the "trust" ratio displayed for each player. This trust ratio will help a player check out their upcoming opponent. If the ratio is low, they'll be able to put the dubious player on their black list."

Authors Note: All of this is rather odd. So far the Xbox has always had the superior version when it comes to the Tom Clancey series. However now it seems Ubisoft has made up for their past lackluster ports to other consoles. With the PS2 getting notable new anti-cheat features, and the cube version having the superior single player mode with using the GBA as a spy device, it doesn't matter what version you get. This game should satsfy everyone across all platforms.

rank 13
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:49 pm
quote : #2
excellent this game keeps getting better and better and is proving to become an online ps2 hit.

*High Score on SWBF* 89 Kills -12 Deaths -19 Captures
Total Time Played: 6 hours and 48 minutes
Total Games: 67
Kills: 722
Deaths: 150
satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:20 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Spidhopddy wrote:
excellent this game keeps getting better and better and is proving to become an online ps2 hit.

Now the question, at least for me, is which version to get? The PC, or the PS2? I still have to finish SC1 on the PC, but... hm...

JamesNI
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:57 pm
quote : #4
Damn, I was going to get Driv3r next week... didn't realize this was out this week, oh well, Online over not online... Online wins, hands down!!

MasterChief
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:04 am
quote : #5
its good there giving equal attention to all the consoles. hey, my moneys green no matter what system i have.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000