Topic: The truth about the HDD

Page 1 of 2
SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:22 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Lately iv been hearing alot of ppl complaing that the HDD isnt being used like sony said it would and this may be a reason y. You kno to tell u guys the truth the HDD proably wont be used like it was suppose to be if even used anymore period. Kaz Hirai the ceo of sony computer entertainment of america said himself in his press speech that "We are currently investigating a non HDD solution for Playstatin 2" So apparently sony dosnt even wanna use the HDD for there new online plans if u noticed all the games that said they were gona support the HDD have droped compatiblity with it. I have a feeling that FF is the only thing the HDD is going to be used for. Their probably gona say that the HDD was made for FF and nothing more.
Posted:
Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:42 pm
quote : #2
ah its nice to have conspiracy theroys isnt it .......

kontact
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:25 pm
quote : #3
Only thing I see it good for atm is the HD loader. Sony's pace in the US is slower then a fuckin slug, its pathetic.

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:13 pm
quote : #4
Quote:

This is no theory the ceo actually said that sony looking into another option for its future online plans by not using an HDD. Y do u think there was nothing about the HDD in E3 and i mean NOTHING no new games supporting it or even new features for it. Hell there was more info about sonys next gen console then there was about the HDD and that was very little info i might add.
Posted:
Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:49 pm
quote : #5
Im glad i didnt get one Very Happy
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:52 pm
quote : #6
ive been waiting for some socom maps. i do believe everquest 2 will require the hd. and san andreas will have it as optional.
Posted:
Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:53 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
Mir_wan wrote:
i do believe everquest 2 will require the hd.

EQ2 isn't coming out for PS2.

-Mytho
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:07 am
quote : #8
Mir_wan wrote:
san andreas will have it as optional.

where did you here that? thats exactly waht i was hoping. cause with the graphics, the load times would be UNBARABLE.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:26 am
quote : #9
no one really knows nothing so, no one can relly make any remarks. but there are conspiracy theroys......

Link00seven
rank 6
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:47 am
quote : #10
I wouldnt worry about it. I'm sure one of the online games will have Downloadable Content...someday...
World: Odin
Alligence: Windurst
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:11 am
quote : #11
Who cares about the truth of the HDD. If you don't have one don't bitch. I have one and I enjoyed FF:XI; and if it has no other support for awhile then oh well. If people think "Dark Slayer's a dumbass for buying a HDD because it's $100 and has only one game for support.), then feel that way. Everybody has their own prespective of gaming, and if you don't like something that you don't own and still want to complain about it, then that's just ignorant.

Spidhopddy
rank 13
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:15 pm
quote : #12
SolidSnake wrote:
Quote:

This is no theory the ceo actually said that sony looking into another option for its future online plans by not using an HDD. Y do u think there was nothing about the HDD in E3 and i mean NOTHING no new games supporting it or even new features for it. Hell there was more info about sonys next gen console then there was about the HDD and that was very little info i might add.

The HDD was talked about at E3, but only thatt Sony has plans to come up with something other than that. Who knows wat that could be, but for now that's all that ANYone knows at the moment.

*High Score on SWBF* 89 Kills -12 Deaths -19 Captures
Total Time Played: 6 hours and 48 minutes
Total Games: 67
Kills: 722
Deaths: 150
satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:45 pm
quote : #13
I bought it for FFXI, SOCOM II will have maps in the fall, and I can use it as a gigantic memory card (even if games can't see it). That's good enough for me, especially the memory card part. If I get sick of FFXI and know that I'll never play it again, I can just wipe it and use it for storage (and HDLoader Very Happy ). No matter how little support it gets from Sony, I'll still be happy I have one.

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:21 pm
quote : #14
[msg deleted for flaming]
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:20 pm
quote : #15
If DARK SLAYER choose to buy the HDD, that is his decision. He feels that it was worthwhile to him to play FFXI and wait for SOCOM II maps. Whereas you disagree Snake and got an Xbox instead of the HDD. Good for you and I hope you enjoy the 'Box. However, let Dark Slayer be happy with his HDD, while you are content with an Xbox. There is no need to flame his buying decisions.

-Mytho