Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
MICHAE2414
rank 24
Posted:
Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:46 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
The game should've already been released, and there was only one post at this website about Powerdrome, and that was from lordnikon warning of a possible drop of online play. What ever happened to this game? From the minute previews I've seen for it, it looks pretty sweet.
Posted:
Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:58 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I checked ebgames.com and I can't find it for sale. I'm not sure about this game yet since it's details have been slim lately. It did get released for xbox, however waiting to see if it was released for PS2 or not yet. Who knows maybe it was scrapped for PS2. I'll post the latest on this game soon as I have word on it.
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:20 am
quote : #3
GameFAQs says it was released last Wednesday (the 16th of June, 2004). GameFly has it listed as rentable for PS2, and Wal-Mart is selling the PS2 version for $29:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2606983

I see no mention of online capabilities.
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:28 pm
quote : #4
I'll have to wait till gamespot reviews it or something so I can get a look at the back of the box. They post the full front and back scans. (Which reminds me I still need to get you guys those TMB:O cover scans.)

I think powerdrome might be just system link...either lan or i.link

The xbox version released is xbox live compatible...meaning microsoft handles it. The developer doesn't have to do shit. With sony's online setup the 3rd party developer is expected to cover the online setup and its fee's for use. Since it was a budget title I bet the company really didn't wanna have to deal with all that so I bet they scrapped the online mode in Powerdrome for the PS2.

However this is just logical theory. I'll wait till I can see the back of the box or read a review to see if they mention anything about system link.
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:16 am
quote : #5
I do not think that it will be an I-link game but maybe LAN type because SONY stoppped making PS2s without the I-link port. Gamespy and gamespot have in their description that it is a system link game so I do not think that it is an online game at all.
Posted:
Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:25 pm
quote : #6
I was at Circuit City today and noticed a $29.99 copy of Powerdrome for PS2 on the shelf. After looking at the case and the back, there is no online play, nor is there i.Link or system link; only split-screen 2 player.
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:44 am
quote : #7
Word :[ I'll update the list with that info. Thanx for bringing this information to light.
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:52 am
quote : #8
wow it has nothing at all now, just another racing game Sad

*High Score on SWBF* 89 Kills -12 Deaths -19 Captures
Total Time Played: 6 hours and 48 minutes
Total Games: 67
Kills: 722
Deaths: 150
TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:40 pm
quote : #9
Maybe this wasn't such a bad thing to lose Powerdrome. I've read it is so awful over Xbox Live, you cannot host more than one other person before the game comes to a complete crawl. I've even heard that you cannot even control your craft if you play in a large game, it moves of its own accord. I would imagine that the netcode would be roughly the same for both consoles to cut down on time. Perhaps Argonaut knew about this and wisely cut the online out of the PS2. Neutral

-Mytho