Page Location: Home > Support > Getting Online > Topic
1, 2  Next
YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:35 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I was wondering if anyone could give there reviews or help me find a good durable playstation 2 controller i have currently went thru 7 controllers to date they are

Air Flow Nyko Controller- rubber came off stick buttons got hard to push buttons after a period of time.
Dualshock2 controller- rubber came off analog controller stick buttons wouldnt respond right after repeat presssing in football game button got stuck .
Mad Catz Microcon controller- was one of the better ones felt durable but after a while buttons wouldnt respond either right and got stuck also the ink on buttons came off prettty easy .

so im having a hard time i now think maybe its cus im pressing the buttons to hard? i play alot of sports games online so this is needed... i need somethind durable and that will last any help will be appreciated.
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:39 pm
quote : #2
ive heard good things about the logitech controllers. im probably gonna invest in a wireless one eventually.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:55 pm
quote : #3
yah i was actually looking @ a logitech one i saw @ walmart.com it looks prety sturdy and logitech has a good name ill prob. try it out
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:58 pm
quote : #4
Sounds to me like you abuse your controllers. I don't treat mine perfectly, but that's why my older Dualogs happen to have minor problems (not nearly as bad as yours.) Just treat them better and don't get so into it? I hear the Phoenix controllers are good, but I don't know how durable.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:38 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
HateCrime you definatly put more abuse than the average gamer on your controllers. If your litterally tearing the rubber off the analog sticks then your just using way too much pressure. Ease up on the analog sticks a bit and try to grip it more relaxed. It might take a bit but you'll realise you don't have to drive your fingers into them so hard in order to get them to respond. This should solve your problem.

As far as the actual BUTTONS on a dualshock 2 controller. That's another story. They are cheap...super squishy and I honestly feel I could tear a DS2 apart with my bear hands. I bet anyone here could easily grab both end and just twist and the controller would crack and shatter.

If the sports games you play support the psOne dualshock 1 controllers, then get one of those. The buttons are digital. meaning they are not pressure sensitive. The controller is built like a brick. Much heavier than the DS2. I have a DS2 for MOH rising sun, but only because I have no choice cause it requires DS2 for play. For all other PS2 games I use a DualShock 1. They are much more responsive and take a beating.
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:03 am
quote : #6
Yah my gf always tells me i get into the game to hard but i mean like ea says "its in the game" and im definately in THE GAME!!!!!!! i really get into it and i do hit the buttons to hard so im a try to back off i mean theres so much power i guess or response u can get from it and mashing them till the button kracks wont help Smile ill definately try the psone controller i heard it was pretty durable also but i also heard that some games dont supppport it? could someone clear this up for me ill also get the logitech one also and ill post a review on them both for the heavy button masher peeps Smile
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:06 am
quote : #7
Yea certain games require a dual-shock 2 and don't support the dual-shock 1. However don't know what games do this. Since you really only find out when you boot up the game and it gives you the "a ds2 controller is not plugged in" screen. I know MOH Rising sun and nightshade require the DS2. All my other games work fine with the DS1. Sports agmes 'should' work fine with the DS1's.
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:11 am
quote : #8
You lie, Nikon. It tells you on the box. Digital control.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:17 am
quote : #9
Apple wrote:
You lie, Nikon. It tells you on the box. Digital control.

But they arn't consistant. I just checked my boxes and only TMB:Online out of my online games has the actual word Digital Control on it. The rest all say Analog Control...yet they work fine with the DS1 controllers. Firewarrior doesn't say digital...yet works with the DS1.
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:27 am
quote : #10
I have a logitech and Pelican set of controllers which have been really good. With silk rubber grips and everything, but then again i havent yet messed up my original DS2 controllers. Smile

*High Score on SWBF* 89 Kills -12 Deaths -19 Captures
Total Time Played: 6 hours and 48 minutes
Total Games: 67
Kills: 722
Deaths: 150
SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:48 pm
quote : #11
Man i have no idea y my DS2 controller hasnt messed up my cuzins and friends are always complaing about their controlers messing up but i dont understand how or y they do. I mean i play games alot and I still use the DS2 that came with my PS2 and I even got mine on the launch day 2.
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:32 pm
quote : #12
SolidSnake wrote:
Man i have no idea y my DS2 controller hasnt messed up my cuzins and friends are always complaing about their controlers messing up but i dont understand how or y they do. I mean i play games alot and I still use the DS2 that came with my PS2 and I even got mine on the launch day 2.

Some gamers are just naturally more aggressive with their controllers. I know my little brother is, he slams the control stick when trying to turn or do whatever with it. I try to tell him to use it more gently, but he never listens -_-

YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:43 pm
quote : #13
Well today i went to walmart and got a pelican after glow controller i was really really skeptical in doing this but the fact that it has blue neon lights that radiate from the controller and it had a nice feel and looked durable so i got it and brought it home i ripped the package open and i had to see the neon light efffeect and was it bright it lite my whole living room up and it was day light!!! ( being sarcastic) but it really looks nice so anyway for the field test i pop in ncaa 2004 right im playing u kno getitn use to the buttons cus actually the r2 and l2 buttons are underneath the controller which actually feels pretty good but ttakes a lil gettin use to i can admit also the button letter are covered by a plastic cover so u could never rub off the ink off the buttons so im playing like i said and it worked great i just got some crown royal and coke and im definately bout to be in da game!!!!!!!!!!! its a nice controlller to say a overview on it its durable i mean i still need to put it thru the online test but it feels pretty durable also i think a 5 year warranty.. nice controolller got raving reviews on gamestop user reviews i reccommend this to anyone who wants a unique controller and a durable controller .
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:34 pm
quote : #14
i personally think sony conyrollers arent to good cuz i dont throw break kick or nuthin to my vcontrollers but yet somehow the L1 button got broke and on my other 1 it just wont rumble anymore
Posted:
Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:58 pm
quote : #15
I bought a couple of the pelican chameleon controllers, and after 90 days they both quit working. I am not hard on my controllers at all. So therefore I cannot reccomend that brand at all.