Topic: NTSC PS2 in europe

Page 1 of 1
Steven
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:29 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
hi, I'm currently thinking of buying an NTSC Playstation 2, I have some questions though.

1. If I buy an NTSC Playstation 2 Will I be able to play games online with it?????

2. Anyone know where I can buy a step-down convertor

3. Is it worth it??? Razz

thanks,

PS2 Gamer Tag : adams3428

games online with at the moment : Ghost Recon : Island Thunder | Splinter Cell : Pandora Tomorrow | Need for Speed Underground | FiFa 2004
Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:59 pm
quote : #2
I love NTSC stuff and buy it all the time.

(Of course I'm an American though. Wink )

Honestly, i'm not sure if you'd do any better with NTSC gamers, than you are with PAL gamers. I'd check out the UKRockers who sometimes come here though. They'd know.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:09 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
The cool thing about getting an NTSC system would be the option to go online over dialup and broadband for games that support it. I would only get an NTSC playstation 2 if there are games you can't play online with other countries or are not available in Europe for instance. If your into games that already have cross region online play like MOH Rising Sun, Ghost Recon etc etc then you'd be good to just stick with PAL. So all depends on what your interested in playing that would force a need to pick up an NTSC system.

You could mod your system to play imports which would let you play non-dnas games but, then the mod might get your ps2's registration number banned from the DNAS central servers for games that require dnas. So might wanna be careful about that stuff.
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:01 am
quote : #4
Ias of right now I'm pissed with sony my ps2 is broke Mad I bet if I send sony my ps2 I get a shady black ps2 back Mad stupid sony , btw how would I go about tellin them I need my ps2 fixed and yes it's still under guarntee

thanks,

p.s you can't play splinter cell pandora tomorrow with americans or asians but it's weird you can with ghost recon since ubi soft made both it's weird :S

PS2 Gamer Tag : adams3428

games online with at the moment : Ghost Recon : Island Thunder | Splinter Cell : Pandora Tomorrow | Need for Speed Underground | FiFa 2004