Topic: Playstation 2 Hard Drive

Page 1 of 1
zero
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:17 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I was wondering if anyone knew if Sony will sell you a hard drive with out haveing to buy FFXI, Massive online RPG's aren't really my bag and if there was a way to get a hard drive without buying one i would want to do it. As far as i know you can't buy them sepratly, Does anyone know of a way you can take a normal hard drive and format it so the PS2 will read it or a third party company that will sell you just the drive. I see that more games are coming out that is going to be able to use the Hard Drive mabey in the future Sony will release it sepratly. Thank you
Zero Mr. Green
Posted:
Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:47 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
There is currently no way of buying the HDD without FFXI. You can, however, use the HDLoader with a PC hard drive. Note: Online games that incorperate DNAS into their sign-in processes will not be playable via HDLoader.

-Mytho
Posted:
Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:48 pm
quote : #3
I think it all depends on how many FF:XI bundles they sell. If I were Sony, I'd just want to sell as many bundles as possible before I sold them seperately. The only other game that I know of that supports the HDD is ESPN NFL 2k5. I only know this because I own the game and the HDD. lol Smile But anyway, other other compatiable games and features in games will be added this fall, which is just around the corner.

zero
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:27 pm
quote : #4
Hmm Thanks for the responce guys, I guess i will just have to hope that they will sell it seperatly or just quit my complaining about the load time in Resident Evil Online. I really like the game but if the load time could be at all mitigated by a hard drive then i would be estatic.
zero