Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:30 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

Bugs that give gamers an unfair advantage towards a dishonorable victory are never a good thing. Especially when the publisher tells you, 'tough, deal with it'. The glitch gives offensive players an unfair advantage by exploiting the Fatigue and Formation Audible features. The bug was found 3 weeks after it was released in stores.

"The problem occurs when the offensive team Formation Shifts, it causes the defensive team to become fatigued. If this is used several times before the ball is snapped, the entire defense will be exhausted, therefore hindering their ability to compete. A person can very easily do this to their opponent without their opponent even realizing that they are being “glitched.” Also, the person on offense may be doing this to their opponent, without the intent of cheating, but simply using the feature in the game, and not even realize they are getting an unfair advantage."

Rather than trying to solve the problem with a patch, Electronic Arts' only suggestion is to turn off the Fatigue feature.

If your a Madden football gamer you now know what to look out for next time your online.

Also if your interesting in signing an ongoing petition about this glitch, please visit the following URL:
http://www.petitiononline.com/madden05/petition.html

Last edited by lordnikon on Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
rank 39
Posted:
Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:07 am
quote : #2
i dont own this game but i have many firends who do.. ill pass the info on to them.

Posted Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:54 am:

i played someone who used this glitch.. it works everytime for the offense it is so frustrating... This is why i dont play football games online anymore... I only play friends and that is it
Posted:
Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:59 pm
quote : #3
same here i cant enjoy an online game anymore cause of to many cheaters.