Page Location: Home > Tribes Aerial Assault > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:45 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I am stuck at the onslaught mission. This mission overwhelms you with bioderms. I'm trying to use the fighter to mow them down. How many waves are there?
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:00 pm
quote : #2
lordnikon wrote:
I am stuck at the onslaught mission. This mission overwhelms you with bioderms. I'm trying to use the fighter to mow them down. How many waves are there?

Yeah, I only got to this mission as well. It's so hard cause you can only die once and there's just SO many of the little buggers

PS2 only reads Tribes right now...
MICHAE2414
rank 24
Posted:
Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:53 pm
quote : #3
This is the one where you're defending the base solo, right? I passed this mission already, and IIRC, there are at least 3 waves. There's only 3 determined directions they can come from, so all I do is set up remote turrets all over the place and hide out next to an inventory station. Razz

Once the major shooting stops, I go outside and shoot own whoever's left. I also go around repairing the turrets if they're damaged. If I see another wave or more than I can handle, I hide again and let the turrets handle it. Smile
Posted:
Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:06 pm
quote : #4
I cant do them becuase i use the B config, they make me use A Sad. i hear "Base defender" is hard, i wanna take those derms down Twisted Evil
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:48 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
woah, campaign forces you to use A? Hmm man I guess it does. That really bites. Atleast you can use Expert A/B Configs in offline bot skirmishes :]

The onslaught mission is pretty hard these waves of about 8-12 bioderms all come at you and you can't die. You can't pick a bomber or a transport vehicle either. Only cycle or fighter. At the moment I am using the fighter, however I was thinking just a few minutes ago maybe going inside the base might help as well. Possibly suiting up heavy and dropping mines all over.