Topic: FFXI, I'm impressed

Page 1 of 1
McRing_Ring
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:09 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Well, my bro bought be a HDD since he and is friend wanted me to play with them, so badly(Which evedently we have only done once in these 3 days)

And I must say, i was skeptical at first, but FFXI is really nice. Of course noobs these days have forced me to solo most of the time... I still have plenty of fun

Having no keyboard really does cripple me when i do find a good group. But i still manage to get around that.

I doubt I'll see amyone online(Unless some of you play on Kujata) but maybe we could get one of those linkshells going... however they work.......

I'm a Tarutaru in Bastok, currently only lvl 11 redmage and 7 or 5 with everything else except warrior

BTW how do you take screenshots Neutral

PS2 only reads Tribes right now...
Link00seven
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:28 pm
quote : #2
Welcome to the world of FFXI Smile

I'd join you, but I quit FFXI because I couldn't really afford $12.95/mo (and I had no one to play with) And since I had to solo, it was kinda boring. Solo play in FFXI is really lame IMO...
World: Odin
Alligence: Windurst
McRing_Ring
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:25 pm
quote : #3
Linkooseven wrote:

I'd join you, but I quit FFXI because I couldn't really afford $12.95/mo (and I had no one to play with) And since I had to solo, it was kinda boring. Solo play in FFXI is really lame IMO...

heh, well my bros paying for the monthly fee so i dont care about that

Since i got 2 TVs it really doesn't interfere with playing other games

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:04 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
I haven't had time to play it this past week. It's like, I come home from school, hunker down at the PC and shout "It's FFXI time!" but then, some other issue rears its ugly head.

-Mytho
Posted:
Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:35 am
quote : #5
Linkooseven wrote:

man, I was thinking about getting the game but now that you just reminded me about the really high monthly fee its not even worth it... they are making millions off gamers, thats greedy

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:02 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Joe_news wrote:
Linkooseven wrote:

man, I was thinking about getting the game but now that you just reminded me about the really high monthly fee its not even worth it... they are making millions off gamers, thats greedy

Well, not trying to be someone who is detering gamers away from a game or anything. But just giving a recommendation. If your short on cash, and are looking to get into an online RPG on the PS2. There are 2 options that don't have any monthly fees.

Champions of Norrath
and
Monster Hunter

So yea it all depends on your cash flow when it comes to pay for play online rpgs. I have been paying for PSO on cube for a year and a half now. And I pay the monthly fee even if I am not playing in a month. Simply cause I got the spare change and I would want to be able to pick it up whenever I want and play.

But anyways. Those 2 games above are awsome alternatives to the more robust EQoA and FFXI.
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:02 pm
quote : #7
i own champions of norrath and it is fun online.. its like doing quest on mmo.

i didnt get to try out monster hunter yet but im looking to rent it.
Posted:
Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:42 pm
quote : #8
lordnikon wrote:
Joe_news wrote:
Linkooseven wrote:

Well, not trying to be someone who is detering gamers away from a game or anything. But just giving a recommendation. If your short on cash, and are looking to get into an online RPG on the PS2. There are 2 options that don't have any monthly fees.

Champions of Norrath
and
Monster Hunter

So yea it all depends on your cash flow when it comes to pay for play online rpgs. I have been paying for PSO on cube for a year and a half now. And I pay the monthly fee even if I am not playing in a month. Simply cause I got the spare change and I would want to be able to pick it up whenever I want and play.

But anyways. Those 2 games above are awsome alternatives to the more robust EQoA and FFXI.

It doesn't matter too much with me since I don't play for PSO or FFXI until a get a job(My dad has to gtet my birth certificate agian, so sinch I can't work until he does, he pays for it)

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:24 pm
quote : #9
must be nice to not have to pay
Posted:
Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:46 pm
quote : #10
Mir_wan wrote:
must be nice to not have to pay

Yes it is Mr. Green but it'll be coming to an end soon Sad

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:29 pm
quote : #11
r u still going to play
Posted:
Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:01 am
quote : #12
Mir_wan wrote:
r u still going to play

Yes of course. heh I don't need to pay for anything else so I can spend maybe $30 a month on FFXI and PSO

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:06 am
quote : #13
well hat will work then... I would like top play a couple mmo's but time would be an issue for me. and expensives would be sort of rough for me but i could handle it.