Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
Previous  1, 2
MasterChief
rank 16
Posted:
Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:51 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
i dont know, i read on another forum that Goldeneye RA for PS2 is currently down, and this was given without warning aswell.

im starting to believe these were slated to go down soon, but someone in EA jumped the gun and directed these to be shut down 'while thery were at it'. im hoping EA realizes their mistake ant puts them back up until a proper warning can be given.

but then again, this is EA....

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:56 pm
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
Actually I have Golden Eye Rogue Agent as being slated to go offline on October 1st. It says so on the games official homepage. Are people really experiencing problems taking the game online? When did you first see someone complain of network troubles?

EA's advice in their letter to rgarrette was so stupid. So titles are going offline, in order to make way for 2007 titles. However, they advise us to buy their other online titles. Wait, so they want us to buy more online titles, and then get screwed over again? I bet their advice will be....to then buy more of their other online titles.

At this point EA's games are no longer online titles. A few days ago I made some drastic alterations to the online game list, moving almost ALL games hosted by EA to the bottom of the online list. They are now in a new catagory:

TEMPORARY ONLINE GAMES

I don't know how anyone can recommend an EA title to another user, when the game will go offline within a year or so like clockwork. It is like you are in a race against time. You have to play it RIGHT NOW, because 8-12 months later the title will be terminated. That is insane.

The only title of course that stays in the OGL is the Free Radical developed TimeSplitters Future Perfect. While it is published by EA, it has full LAN support and is thus online forever. So it stays in the primary list.
rank 16
Posted:
Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:21 am
quote : #18
lordnikon wrote:
Actually I have Golden Eye Rogue Agent as being slated to go offline on October 1st. It says so on the games official homepage. Are people really experiencing problems taking the game online? When did you first see someone complain of network troubles?

http://shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=774&sid=e686a540e53d4d2924a0dc1bf79 96e17

i just noticed NFSU 2 went down as well. i wish i would have noticed that.

everyone, all together now: fuck you EA.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:54 am
quote : #19
I think that guy is just speculating about the reason why Golden Eye is going offline. It has nothing to do with the acquisition by Activision. EA is simply taking the game down.

Also where did you see that NFSU2 is offline? There is no mention of it at any EA site as far as I can see.

I asked at some other site and people said NFSU2 is working fine.
rank 16
Posted:
Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:29 am
quote : #20
never said i agreed to his theory, just pointing to the fact it may have been offline at that time.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:46 am
quote : #21
Oh no yea I wasn't saying you were agreeing with him, I was just commenting for the sake of clarrification. Cool
rank 16
Posted:
Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:46 am
quote : #22
lordnikon wrote:
Oh no yea I wasn't saying you were agreeing with him, I was just commenting for the sake of clarrification. Cool

Touche.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:56 pm
quote : #23
MasterChief wrote:

i just noticed NFSU 2 went down as well. i wish i would have noticed that.

everyone, all together now: fuck you EA.

Mad My mouth just straight DROPPED when I read that as I was thinking about geting this game for online as I started to enjoy 1's when online experience when I got better at it.

lordnikon wrote:

EA's advice in their letter to rgarrette was so stupid. So titles are going offline, in order to make way for 2007 titles. However, they advise us to buy their other online titles. Wait, so they want us to buy more online titles, and then get screwed over again? I bet their advice will be....to then buy more of their other online titles.

Yea I noticed that in the letter as well and I thought to myself *how dey gonna try to plug other online titles of theirs* All I know is I'm praying burnout 3 stays up awhile because I am loving this game more and more everyday.
Posted:
Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:04 pm
quote : #24
I'll be sure to spread the word like the peanut butter they spill from their beligerent asses!