Page Location: Home > Archive > Monster Hunter (Archive) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:14 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I was doing the Cephladrome quest offline. I took a facaster just in-case I needed to zip back to base camp. I brought it for fun more than anything. So I was wearing down Cephladrome, and he retreats back to that small area to sleep. So it hits me! I am wayyyyy out in the middle of the desert. Using facaster brings me right to base camp, where I am a quick jog away from Cephladrome.

Farcaster = great shortcut for this quest. Smile
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:42 am
quote : #2
Most people really like to bring a Farcaster to the Volcano zone. They mine and then use the Farcaster to get back close to Basarios.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:02 am
quote : #3
Yea I use Farcasters in the coal quests or in the Volcanic Zone also. However I never used one as a strategic advantage against a Wyvern before.
rank 5
Posted:
Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:52 am
quote : #4
only time I've used a farcaster was in panning for goldenfish, solo. took me forever to get them all, and I wouldn't have mae it back to base to deliver them before time was up.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:08 pm
quote : #5
Another way to use farcasters is as a quick retreat item if you are out of potions. You can warp back to base, and sleep to regain health. Then jogging back to the wyvern intime to catch him before he sleeps. In-fact it may even be a good idea to bring materials to MAKE farcasters, and then you could use one, and then make more if needed. I think you can carry only 1 at a time.