Page Location: Home > Archive (General) > Topic
Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:58 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Its still up!! Have been told that EA always terminate right on time, this one must be the exception. was on at 00.30 GMT+1 and played for 5 mins.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:57 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Actually EA terminates the sports games right on time. The other games are actually quite eratic.

We do need to check the game periodically so we can get an accurate date for it's termination. So singing online every other day is important. I am sure someone at gamefaqs or EA boards will post something when it finally goes offline, but sometimes they do not.
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:59 am
quote : #3
is 10:00 am and still running!!! Very Happy
Posted:
Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:27 pm
quote : #4
still online today, i went on and played a little bit

Dalore
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:54 am
quote : #5
Any1 know if it is still on? If so I might be tempted to go rent it again.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:41 pm
quote : #6
Dalore, why rent it? Just buy the game. This game can be purchased for cheap!
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:58 pm
quote : #7
I was actually looking for a copy today, just haven't tracked one down. Renting was for a last ditch bit of online shootin.

Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:06 pm
quote : #8
I played last night until around 2am gmt+1 it was still on then. Ohh BTW Dalore my name I found out it Blastarama.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:16 pm
quote : #9
Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:16 pm (gmt-6) still on line | Very Happy
Posted:
Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:18 pm
quote : #10
im pretty sure i read that theyv annouced july 22 as the shutdown datre now, not sure

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:47 pm
quote : #11
noonotthat wrote:
im pretty sure i read that theyv annouced july 22 as the shutdown datre now, not sure

Actually it was indeed June 22nd rather than July. Here is the information page for EA online terminations:
http://www.ea.com/information.jsp
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:04 pm
quote : #12
i'm thinking about getting TSFP, but with my luck it go offline just as my PS2 loads the game just like MGO did Confused . if TSFP is like SOCOM or Area 51 online (rooms always locked or no one that will play against a noob) then it won't be worth it anyway. i know the game itself is good since i've played the xbox version, but not online.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:19 pm
quote : #13
Yes TimeSplitters is about to go offline, however the game can easily be tunneled online over the internet. People here would be willing to play with you. It has LAN capabilities so it is online forever.

On top of this, TimeSplitters Future Perfect is a great game all around. It has a great single player experience, tons of arcade modes, LAN, a map maker and more. It is also one of the better developed FPS's, featuring high framerates and great graphics. Spending the 8-12 dollars on this game is a small price to pay for everything that it offers.
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:35 am
quote : #14
8-12 dollars would be a nice price. i can't find it under $20 anywhere here and that's if they even have it. maybe they'll lower the price since the game is offline now. i doubt it. where are you buying your games? stores here keep their prices high.

and games at under a dollar? Shocked (Lan verified/unverifiend games post) even the crappiest, featureless, shortest waste of time games are 8-14 dollars used. $5 if its scratched or been repaired. oh, right, i'm rambling. sorry.
i just don't want to waste money and thats hard to do here.

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:55 am
quote : #15
culade: Is it possible to buy your games online? amazon.com, overstock.com and estarland.com are among your best bets as far as scoring good, cheap deals. estarland.com in particular has great service and their used games are a far cry from the beaten, mangled games that line the shelves of your local GameStop/EB. I swear, I've seen at least four or five games there that looked like the family dog used the case as a chew toy. Mad