Page 1 of 1
Rommel
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:13 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I get my PC dedicated server all set up for Battlefront 2 and it says its connected what map it is on and everything but when i put the game in and load up multi player, my server is not in the server list.
Can someone tell me what i might be doing wrong or what could be going wrong.

Also whenever i go to play Battlefront 1 online it never shows the servers. Well it did once but that was months ago, anyway i have the patch on my memory card and everything, can someone help em with this also.

It would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

~Rommel

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:17 pm
quote : #2
Before we begin figuring out what is wrong, please post in detail what your home network is like, since that is probobly where the problem is.

Are you behind a local network router?

Do you run Windows firewall on your PC?

Is your PS2 setup so it is setup as DMZ?

Any other details you can provide would help.
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:20 pm
quote : #3
I have a dlink wireless router (computer and PS2 directly connected)
I have a firewall but not windows firewall.
PS2 set up for DMZ? what is that?
My OS is XP
How do I describe my home network? there is 4 things that get the internet from it: Computer, Laptop (Wireless), PS2, PSP (wireless).
Thats all I can really think of...
Thanks in advance.

~Rommel

Posted Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:41 am:

UPDATE:
I got it working! It was my firewall being a pain once again.
My server is called: <!>Killzone Elite Noobs
I am trying to get server announcements but it only says where the server is hosted or whatever.
Heres what i have for a announcement file:
// Star Wars(R) Battlefront(TM) Server Manager
// Copyright (c) 2005 by Kevin Lockitt. All rights reserved.
// Announcements Config File
//
//Welcome To <!>Killzone Elite Noobs!
//Webpage Soon To Come!
//Glitching is allowed, but no codes/cheats.
//If your down on your luck keep trying!
//Have Fun!

Hope it helps.

~Rommel

Posted Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:30 am:

Hello?

Posted Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:24 pm:

is anyone going to help me?

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:19 pm
quote : #4
Hey Rommel, try removing the two forward slashes from the front of the lines that you want to appear as an announcement.

Sorry it took me a few days to get back to you. I am pretty busy but I always make it back to comment and help people out. Just have to be patient Wink
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:11 pm
quote : #5
I will try it out later, can you help me with selecting maps? I'm not sure what to pick and wich are most popular...

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:56 pm
quote : #6
Which server are you running again? A SWBF1 server? or a SWBF2 server?

You can pretty much use whatever map rotation you want in SWBF1.

In SWBF2 however, there are a bunch of maps that run horrible on the PS2 because the developers made no effort to optimize them for performance. I have an adjusted map rotation that uses only the cream of the crop.

OC's SWBF2 server currently uses:

• Dagobah: Swamp
  • Death Star: Interior
  • Mustafar: Refinery
  • Tatooine: Jabba's Palace
  • Utapau: Sinkhole
  • Kashyyyk: Beachhead
  • Tantive IV: Interior
  • Geonosis: Dust Plains

• Space Hoth
  • Space Mygeeto

We have only 2 space maps in place. One is set to 1-Flag Capture, and the other is set to Assault.

All of the maps are period specific. Meaning armies used in each map are specific to the period the map is from.

We also have heroes disabled, since it makes no sense to give players at the very top of the score rankings an even greater advantage. If anything, Human players doing the worst in the game should be given temporary Hero status. I also think in this type of a game lightsabers and force powers are out of place. I am more enamored with the laser blast trooper warfare than making the game like Dynasty Warriors where you are a jedi cutting a path through enemies defenses.

As for the other maps (which we don't use), the following maps have severe framerate drops:

• Coruscant: Jedi Temple
  • Felucia: Marshland
  • Mygeeto: War-Torn City
  • Polis Massa: Medical Facility
  • Space Tatooine
  • Space Felucia

Avoid using them if possible, especially the Felucia Marshland. Try playing this map offline, as CTF, and you will end up with a severe headache. You can't see the flag, and have no idea where it is. It is a complete mess.

There are other maps in SWBF2, that are from SWBF1. I think these maps are fine to use. I left them out of my testing as they were SWBF1 maps and we weren't going to include those on our SWBF2 server in order to keep a unique experience across each of our servers. Though you are free to use them if you'd like. I recall mos eisley running worse on SWBF2 than the original, though I don't think it was as bad as the above maps were. I need to recheck the SWBF1 maps that are in SWBF2 for any severe framerate issues.

Feel free to setup your SWBF2 server however you want. It is totally up to you. I simply provided this info so you have some insight into the hosting philosophy behind the OC servers.
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:11 pm
quote : #7
Thanks for the information, i never knew about the problems with those maps so it's good to know.
Once again thanks dude!

Posted Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:59 pm:

Anouncements work now but I have really bad lag on the sever, I will make it 14-16 instead of 24. Oh yeah my upload speed thing is 500 and somthing if that helps...

Posted Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:46 pm:

I got my maps set up, I only usually have the server on at evening/night time because i have school and can't leave it running all day.

Posted Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:01 pm:

Is there somewhere cheap I can rent a sever?

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed May 20, 2009 3:42 am
quote : #8
I don't know of any places where you can rent a single game server for the PS2 version of Star Wars Battlefront. There are some sites that let you rent the use of a single instance of server software, running on a machine that has many other game servers on it.

You can rent an entire server if you want, but that will cost you about 130.00 per month or more. OC's server costs over $1,500 per year to run.

Last edited by lordnikon on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
rank 5
Posted:
Sat May 30, 2009 9:53 am
quote : #9
However if you want to rent a server for Star Wars Battlefront II you can do so at Art of War Central and they are very good. Rates go as low as $20 a month for an 8 man server and as high as $60 for a 24 man. You can also select where your server will be hosted, whether it is New York, Atlanta, Dallas, etc.