Page Location: Home > Tribes Aerial Assault > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:35 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
We went through a server migration recently. Please set your DNS to 142.4.208.16.

-nikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:21 pm
quote : #2
I see some servers have been populated to the master list over the past few days.

So it looks to be working.

Please inform any other communities that rely on access this IP address of the server migration so they can reach the master list.
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:31 pm
quote : #3
I realize I can just point my network adapter's DNS to your server to make Tribes AA work, but can you give me a list of the domains you're redirecting and to what IP addresses?

I have a router that I can use to easily redirect domains to whatever IP address I want, and that would allow me to use a "normal" network adapter profile/DNS IP address and not have to rely on your DNS server for all my DNS needs (or switch between profiles if your server goes down).

Thanks in advance!

lannister80
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:16 pm
quote : #4
Well, I tried the 142.4.208.16 address as my primary DNS, and I get a DNAS -624 error, which is this:

-624 NET_EINVAL The title requested a network function using invalid options.

However, if I set the DNS to my router, it works fine. I'm using the 2.5 version of the network setup disc.

Please help, I need me some Tribes AA!!

arzoo
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:51 pm
quote : #5
A master list is like a middle man for online play. It doesn't handle the bandwidth for online matches. All it does is list hosted servers, and information such as player counts, map being played, and title in the games server browser. Once you click on a hosted game in the list, then all network traffic is transferred between the game host, you, and other players on that hosted game server.
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:47 am
quote : #6
arzoo wrote:
A master list is like a middle man for online play. It doesn't handle the bandwidth for online matches. All it does is list hosted servers, and information such as player counts, map being played, and title in the games server browser. Once you click on a hosted game in the list, then all network traffic is transferred between the game host, you, and other players on that hosted game server.

Oh I know, I understand that . I'm saying that the instructions on this site say that I need to create a new network "profile" on the PS2 (using the disc that comes with the network adapter) with the DNS set to a specific IP address. I can't get past that part; I haven't even started up my copy of Tribes AA yet.

I'm just wondering if 142.4.208.16 is a valid address to point my primary DNS to.

Or are you saying I enter that IP address *within* Tribes AA, like with the game booted up? That can't be right...

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:36 pm
quote : #7
That is the correct IP Address, and I just verified the master list is up and running.

You create a new network profile that is to be used ONLY with TAA. In TAA you select which network config you want to use to connect online. If you use the network profile in another game you will get an error. Which is what I suspect you did above to get a DNAS -624 error). It will not work for other PS2 games since our DNS server is only mapping IP addresses for Tribes, and not for other PS2 games or Sony's DNAS authentication service. We would have to do packet logs on ever game to find the proper mappings, and even then those IP's could change over time. But this really isn't an issue since TAA lets you choose what config to reach out to the net with.

One problem I have noticed in the past, is that configuring your PS2 with newer network config tool can cause problems for older games. This is why it is often best to create network configs with older games like TAA, which has a built in network config tool. That way the network config is compatible with all games going forward.
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:41 pm
quote : #8
Ah, I didn't realize TAA had a built-in network config tool! I'll try to set it up that way.

And yes, I realize the network config is for use only with TAA, I was actually getting that -624 error while in the process of creating the profile using the v2.5 network config disc. I couldn't save the profile due to it failing. Lame!

OK, off to go see if this works. Thanks a ton!

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:42 pm
quote : #9
You might not see any servers in the list, but you will see a dummy server so that you know the master list is working.

These days gotta kinda pound the pavement and get some people online to play, rather than there being servers waiting for you. However I do see a log of people creating servers and playing in the master list command line console window. So people are using the master list and getting some games in.