martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:23 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
So here it is:
http://www.nypost.com/seven/12292003/business/14640.htm

Pretty much the usual ranting and raving. And the usual factual inaccuracy. Anybody who has played the game knows that you can get a prostitute to get in the car with you, and you can later kill her if you really want to. But while she's in the car with you she'll just sit there in the passenger seat while you sit in the driver's seat. You can't "have sex with her in the back of your stolen car." I wish they would at least get their facts straight.

Yeah, and I'm also not quite sure that it's accurate to say that any version of Grand Theft Auto is "...10,000 times worse than the worst thing anybody thinks Michael Jackson ever did to a little boy..." (the italics are mine). Whatever.

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:35 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
martianviking wrote:
So here it is:
http://www.nypost.com/seven/12292003/business/14640.htm

Pretty much the usual ranting and raving. And the usual factual inaccuracy. Anybody who has played the game knows that you can get a prostitute to get in the car with you, and you can later kill her if you really want to. But while she's in the car with you she'll just sit there in the passenger seat while you sit in the driver's seat. You can't "have sex with her in the back of your stolen car." I wish they would at least get their facts straight.

Yeah, and I'm also not quite sure that it's accurate to say that any version of Grand Theft Auto is "...10,000 times worse than the worst thing anybody thinks Michael Jackson ever did to a little boy..." (the italics are mine). Whatever.

NEVER believe the NY Post, they're full of crap... I read this article via a link on slashdot, it was horrible. God, I can't believe they put this kind of crap... It's uneducated people like this that make all video games and video game players look bad....

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:35 pm
quote : #3
The media...like....60 minutes for example will pull some stupid shit like a sepcial on "Violence on TV" or "Violence on Radio" or "Violence on Bazooka Joe Comics" or whatever the fuck their latest ploy to pull in the PTA MOMS into their rating s charts is.

But they have these "special reports" right. Then immediatly after the report is done the 10 o clock news starts....or whatever the o'clock it is.....and the first thing up is....

"12 burn in flames in a brutal bus bombing where the charred cadavers were then molested by homeless onlookers"

The fucking actual news on TV is more brutal than anything in entertainment. I love those warning they give...."you may want to cover your child's eyes" OH TOO FUCKING LATE the image is already on the screen before we could give you enough time to get your fat ass out of the lazy boy to pull your sheltered child away from the clutches of CNN.

What about news tickers? How much subliminal shit is in those goddamn things? Its a red bar with text going across it that says "...DEATH...DEATH...DEATH...DEATH..." Since Sept 11th the "ticker" is the most abominating thing ever devised. Your gonna see young kids just going insane and blowing up gas stations soon. All cause of those fucking tickers.

Fuck the media...goddamn hipacrits.
rank 21
Posted:
Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:03 pm
quote : #4
lordnikon wrote:

Amen. I try to keep up with the news a bit though, just to sound intelligent when one of my classes gets into a discussion. But even then it doesn't matter, I never contribute to those Razz

MasterChief
rank 16
Posted:
Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:33 pm
quote : #5
if they think thats bad, wait till they get a load of manhunt.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:12 am
quote : #6
masterchief wrote:
if they think thats bad, wait till they get a load of manhunt.

Yeah, no joke. It's just more "hip" to take shots at Vice City.

And speaking of the media making gamers look bad, did you see the latest bit over at Penny-Arcade.com? They actually mentioned this Post article too, but the other part was sort of a final report on their "Childs Play" toy drive for a local children's hospital. (Check it out in case you missed it; it'll be back next year, I'm sure.) They put out a call for gamers to donate money and toys for the holiday season. Those very same homicidal gamers that do nothing but shoot guns at cars after playing Vice City ('cause none of them are good people who love their fellow human beings) donated $27,000 in cash plus about $175,000 (!!) in Game Boy Advances, GameCubes, and other assorted toys and gaming stuff.

Apparently, the ever-accurate "news" reported that a local Catholic school had donated some toys valued at almost $1,000.

Hmmm. Yeah, that's not really right at all.

DragonSlayer3288
rank 6
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:20 am
quote : #7
lordnikon wrote:

YES YES YES, FUCK THEM. They suck ballsssssss. Hey, do u guys remember bout that black guy that was 400 pounds, n he was high on like crack and stuff. n he started dancing at wendy's, when ppl called the cops on him, and then in there car, they beat his ass do death. ok, it takes a lot of beating to kill a 400pound guy, no joke. And its weird, ever since then, i haven't heard anything about it. There too busy with Michael Jackson and Kobe Bryant to tackle a real problem. POLICE BRUTALITY
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:44 pm
quote : #8
lordnikon wrote:

ill remember that forever Razz

PS2 only reads Tribes right now...
MasterChief
rank 16
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:18 pm
quote : #9
DragonSlayer3288 wrote:
Hey, do u guys remember bout that black guy that was 400 pounds, n he was high on like crack and stuff. n he started dancing at wendy's, when ppl called the cops on him, and then in there car, they beat his ass do death. ok, it takes a lot of beating to kill a 400pound guy, no joke. And its weird, ever since then, i haven't heard anything about it. There too busy with Michael Jackson and Kobe Bryant to tackle a real problem. POLICE BRUTALITY

i dont wanna get too offtopic here, but im gonna have to disagree with you dragon, HE PUNCHED A COP, he was high on pcp and couldnt be restrained or reasoned with. he died of a heart attack and not of the "police brutality".

RIP Dark Slayer 5000