Topic: different game modes

Page 1 of 2
elf2600
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:35 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
since im new to this whole Tribes game, could some1 explain the diffrent games that you can play online?

elf
DS-Kingdom Hearts, Advanced Wars 2, Feel The Magic
eMac- World of Warcraft
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:21 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Deathmatch: Typical everyone for themselves all out killfest.
Team Deathmatch: Same as Deathmatch only with 2 teams.
Capture the Flag: The same as Team Deathmatch however the primary goal is to capture / defend the flag, as well as your teams base.

Capture and Hold: This mode is just like "Domination" in Unreal Tournament. Basically there are a series of little beacons, just like those X's in UT, that you try to secure. The longer your team holds onto them the more your teams points rise.

Hunter's Mode:
This most is rather interesting. Each player in the game has a "soul" which is represented by a flag. When you die you drop that flag. The object is to pick up as many flags as possible and bring them to this central point on the map, called the Nexus. The more flags you bring into the Nexus the more points you score. In a typical Hunter's game there are flags....everywhere. It's complete chaos. Like Deathmatch on crack.
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:04 pm
quote : #3
wow, i tell ya, that CNH and Hunters modes would be where im at most of the time.

thanx for the info, and ill cya online this weekend!

elf
eMac- World of Warcraft
Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:07 pm
quote : #4
Hunters really is the best. I asked the same question two years ago. I'd play Tribes again if we set up some Hunters games.

elf2600
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:11 pm
quote : #5
then this next weekend we might have to do that.....

elf
eMac- World of Warcraft
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:01 pm
quote : #6
Yea in a lot of ways there should be more hunters servers up. Simply because Hunter's is more competative and exciting than just strait Deathmatch, and its a mode where your not reliant on a team to cooperate in order to have a competative match. Deathmatch is great for dueling and practice in many ways, however because of the large maps, kills take a touch more time to get. The added bonus of the flags and the Nexus fills this void creating a fast pace solo style environment.
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:54 pm
quote : #7
Apple wrote:
Hunters really is the best. I asked the same question two years ago. I'd play Tribes again if we set up some Hunters games.

Same here, and I gotta start getting back into Tribes. I've forgotten all about Hunters and how much better it really is than Deathmatch.
Posted:
Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:57 pm
quote : #8
Honestly, there is nothing more exciting than having 25 flags in your posession. Your down to 50% health, and your running furiously to the nexus as fast as you can, screaming "omg...omg...omg...omg...omg". It's like someone hands you a nuclear weapon, and if you can bring it to a certain location in time you get a million dollers, if not....it detonates. Thats the feeling I get whenever I have a huge amount of flags.
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:26 pm
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U
I love hunters by far the best mode in tribes, but i never see anyone playing it, i think i'm tottaly going to start putting some hunters on the schedule

Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:35 pm
quote : #10
lordnikon wrote:
Honestly, there is nothing more exciting than having 25 flags in your posession. Your down to 50% health, and your running furiously to the nexus as fast as you can, screaming "omg...omg...omg...omg...omg". It's like someone hands you a nuclear weapon, and if you can bring it to a certain location in time you get a million dollers, if not....it detonates. Thats the feeling I get whenever I have a huge amount of flags.

I think that it feels just like that last few seconds of a hack on Splinter Cell as the grenades is lobbed into the air and it's your only hope!

Hunters always has and will rock. Let's get this party started.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:46 pm
quote : #11
Apple wrote:
lordnikon wrote:

I think that it feels just like that last few seconds of a hack on Splinter Cell as the grenades is lobbed into the air and it's your only hope!

Hunters always has and will rock. Let's get this party started.

Dude you are so right! That is exactly how it feels, the same level of excitement, nervousness and satisfaction. Whether you win or lose its an exhilerating experience.
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:53 pm
quote : #12
Sounds like I should start getting back into Splinter Cell: PT, too. I miss that kind of excitement and tension over an outcome in a game. Well, anyway, I hope there is indeed gonna be a tight TAA Hunters game this weekend on the game schedule, most def. I'm in. *

* - Much to my inconveinence, I'm gonna be doing some major backing up and reformatting of my computer this weekend, as well as replacing/installing some hardware and a new CD burner/DVD drive. This means that I'll be left out of ICS for a majority of the weekend, so for anyone that will happen to host a Hunters game, please allow modem connections! Very Happy
Posted:
Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:15 am
quote : #13
lordnikon wrote:
The added bonus of the flags and the Nexus fills this void creating a fast pace solo style environment.

so in addition to killing and getting flags that way, there are flags in 3 locals that you can take to the Nixus for points?
eMac- World of Warcraft
Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:07 pm
quote : #14
EXPLETIVE EXPLETIVE EXPLETIVE EXPLETIVE EXPLETIVE

HELL YA!

The feeling of getting the nexus with 25 flags or that down to the wire hack.

MICHAE2414
rank 24
Posted:
Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:27 pm
quote : #15
Apple wrote:
EXPLETIVE EXPLETIVE EXPLETIVE EXPLETIVE EXPLETIVE

HELL YA!

The feeling of getting the nexus with 25 flags or that down to the wire hack.

YESSHH!

Just now, I played an offline game of Hunters with AI bots, to kinda "prep" myself before the game. Yeah, I've been getting that very feeling several times today and it's a "!!!" kind of feeling, for sure. Mr. Green

EDIT: Missed the other post... Sorry to hear that, Mytho - hope you find it before the weekend!